Mindblowing

By apparantlyStupid - 27/06/2012 23:28 - Canada - Okotoks

Today, I confronted my daughter about the various drug-associated items I found in her room. She then confronted me about going in her room and invading her privacy, to the point where I forgot the main issue and apologised to her. I just got outsmarted by a teenage pothead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 327
You deserved it 43 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1337Anonymous911 3

So you just let the drug abuse continue?

Comments

Did #257 (CastieIJ) really spell psych as sike? lol seriously. losers will be losers. if you're a loser its not pot's fault. it may be the outcome of your loser-esque, but it is not the cause and yes, I may invent words from time to time. but at least i can spell. werd

At least she's not doing any real drugs or drinking alcohol. As long as someone doesn't smoke it everyday there's nothing wrong with a little bit of weed. Nothing bad has happened to anybody or anybody around a weed smoker except laziness. But every other drug in some way or another is associated with death including cigarettes and alcohol.

Well OP, in my opinion if our child had been brought up with a sense of trust and respect they wouldnt need to go to extreme lengths and hide it from you. If she had felt that your realationship was safe and secure enough to open up to you about her problems and the drugs. I'm not saying what she did was right but you barging into her room and raiding it is only going to worsen your realationship. If you suspected her of using dugs you should have sat down and spoken to her about it. Well this is only another teenagers perspective anyway!

Don't ever let your kid get the upper hand. Never let them talk back while disciplining them.

I'd like to point out that pot is only illegal because of propaganda campaigns in the 20's and is legal if used under permission by doctor. Also if you are finding these things in their room then that means try trust you enough to not search their room, they can just as easily stash their paraphernalia outside, pot may not be good in the eyes of society but neither is ransacking someone's room. And this drug abuse could also be because she doesn't feel like she has te freedom to do anything else, if parents are too strict kids will break the rules because they can and they feel that is the one thing they can do to send a message to their parents. My parents are super Mormons I can't do shit. I decided to try smoking pot because it was exiting I could do this feel great all te while slapping my parents in the face. Before you punish her do some reflecting and decide wether she did it because it's "cool" or because she felt like she was in a prison of rules. Last thing, you are surprised you were outsmarted by a stoner? They have more tricks than magicians idont know what it is but stoners are te most clever people I know.

Wow at least you realized your mistake and you can confront her and send her ass to rehab