Mindblowing

By apparantlyStupid - 27/06/2012 23:28 - Canada - Okotoks

Today, I confronted my daughter about the various drug-associated items I found in her room. She then confronted me about going in her room and invading her privacy, to the point where I forgot the main issue and apologised to her. I just got outsmarted by a teenage pothead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 327
You deserved it 43 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

1337Anonymous911 3

So you just let the drug abuse continue?

Comments

What ever happened to the good old fashion ass kicking until she gets the message. Parents today are way too soft and sweet. Go tell her ass off; followed by a bit of whopping; finally, a serious talk/life lesson.

even after a mistake, you're still the parent. Do something!

Bravo!!!! You're a wonderful Daughter to understand that ur parents weren't being mean, or abusing you...... Just disciplining you when needed! & there sure isn't anything wrong with that!!!!

VaultDweller106 7

Just because she's a pothead doesn't mean she's stupid OP.

Last time I checked most parents pay the bills. And unless she is paying rent it isn't her room. It's a room that your letting them stay in. If she wants privacy and to be treated like an adult then she can start acting like an adult. Make her pay rent

I don't think it's so cut and dry. If you want a good relationship with your kids, you NEED to give them space and privacy, at least sometimes. And at the very least, if you're not giving them privacy, don't pretend to give it to them and then go around behind their backs to snoop through their stuff. That's guaranteed to destroy any trust they have in you.

SobrietyKills 14

Personally, as a child I was hit by my parents quite a few times well into my teen years. ATM I'm 17 and I might be biased, but I hate how my parents would hit me because they would calmly sit and talk to my brother about his mistakes but they would hit me. I wouldn't hit my children for a number of reasons mainly being that studies have proven that hitting your kids can make them dumber in years to come and I feel that hitting kids (no matter how tempting) isn't a good way to control them.

Nothing is wrong with Marijuana. It's the most natural drug you can find. And probably the least harming, as It does nothing negative to your body. There haven't even been any instances, 0 cases in total, of deaths related to marijuana usage. So why do the governments legalize the toxic Killers and ban the Natural Healers?