Meet the family

By annika - 06/09/2020 08:07 - Canada

Today, I finally took the courage to introduce my ginger boyfriend to my family. It didn't go too well. My dad asked if he could call him "Ron Weasley" and my 13-year-old brother asked if he had a soul. Now I'm single again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 544
You deserved it 225

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ojoRojo 27

That’s a stupid reason to break up with someone tbh

Because it’s not OP’s fault her family is like that. Are you saying people who have shitty families should stay alone their entire life and never date (or get dumped when they introduce their family)? That’s seriously a really stupid reason not to date someone you’re into.

Comments

ojoRojo 27

That’s a stupid reason to break up with someone tbh

Mathalamus 24

No I think it’s completely understandable. Why date someone who.s family are clearly such awful people?

They made jokes. Doesn't mean her family is awful.

princessgr7 4

anytime my family does something shitty and I apologize for it to my boyfriend.he tells me "I'm dating you not your family, don't apologize"

Because it’s not OP’s fault her family is like that. Are you saying people who have shitty families should stay alone their entire life and never date (or get dumped when they introduce their family)? That’s seriously a really stupid reason not to date someone you’re into.

power_in_the_now 19

If the boyfriend cares about OP then her family shouldn’t change his feelings. I do think OP should have had a talk to her family before he visited with him if she knew his being a ginger was something she was worried about which is what it sounded like. They are prolly HS students since a mature man wouldn’t react such a way to someone’s family and OP would have discussed it with her rude family before hand.

Did your mom ask if the carpet matched the drapes? Did your sister call him "Rusty?"

Sounds like you had a sensitive little ginger boy... they were only kidding.

coius 23

After 100+ times of hearing these ‘jokes’ growing up, an adult would say “**** it, I don’t have to stay there and listen to this” and leave. As an adult, he’s tired of hearing shit like this and it was his way of telling them to pound sand. I understand his point of view. Being mostly ginger myself, it gets old and I’ve legitimately flipped during a bad day and two assholes had the flippant idea to try to bully me in the open and follow me around a grocery store to do it. I broke one dudes hand and the other I broke his nose and jaw. Since cams picked up video, I got off as it was self defense from stalking and harassment. At least this guy didn’t do what I did. And no, this wasn’t my “school days”. This was at the age of 27 right before I broke my back (I am 35 now)

A ginger with anger management issues... color me surprised.

I mean, you dodged a bullet with that one. Can he not take a joke?

If it's at his expense and he doesn't find it funny, then it's not a joke. OP should consider warning any future boyfriends that "my family has no detectable sense of humor."

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Sounds like the OP needs to go NC with her family.