Just do it

By tulisa - 21/02/2015 04:25 - United States - Alexandria

Today, I witnessed the beautiful sight of a tiny baby bird struggling to take flight from its nest. "You can do it," I muttered, which I guess my asswipe of a cat heard as "Quick, go kill that bird and scar me for life, please." FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 368
You deserved it 4 459

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Rawrshi 25

They might have thought you were staring at it because you were hungry but too stupid to catch it yourself. :D

Comments

It's their natural instinct to kill em, they see it as easy food nothing you can do to stop it

A person's thought: Nawww a cute baby bird. A cat's thought: Mmm chicken nugget.

LittleMissShadow 16

Cats are natural predators.. It's in their genetic code.

awww noooo! he didnt die did he!? i hope not. poor little bird. also...why is your cat outside....?

My cats are outside as well. I life in a village and it would be plain cruel to keep them in the house all the time. Don't forget that in the end cats are not nearly as domesticated as dogs.

Cats can live quite happily indoors; living outdoors lowers their life expectancy by years, and outdoor cats are actually ruining native bird populations in a lot of places.

My cats live outside as well. One of them is nearly twenty, but in such good health you'd think she was five. I don't think her life expectancy has been changed by living outside, and she doesn't get bored during the day while I'm gone because there's plenty to do outside.

Maybe the bird was a present by your cat, so you would be overjoyed. But alas! You saw the present too soon! And now, Mr. Cat must of had to destroy the evidence. Poor cat.

Cats are awesome, but ocassionally that awesomeness carries less-than-awesome consequences for other critters. OP, it's not going to scar you for life. If you don't like it, keep your cat indoors. Cats are just like that, in general.

This is neither FML not YDI. When I picture it in my head, it's just funny xD Although I also tend to enjoy dark humor, so maybe that just says something about me...

eh, when I got home today, my cats were playing soccer with a dead baby bird on my porch.

Astrum14 24

Put a bell on your cat's collar. If it's going to be outside hunting the local wildlife, it gives them warning to escape.