In your face

By ouchy - 30/01/2010 05:05 - United States

Today, I was babysitting three little kids. I gave one of them, a seven-year-old, a piggy-back ride, thinking I was strong enough. I managed to get a few feet before face planting on the wooden floor. She's fine though, no pain or anything. My face took the impact for both of us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 199
You deserved it 26 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Do yourself a favour... don't try to lift anything over 10 pounds without adult supervision anymore. If you fell so fast you couldn't even drop to your knees and let her slide down your back, you weren't even CLOSE to "strong enough", and should not have attempted it.

Hahaha, I just picture some fat little 7 year old jumping on your fallen body.

Comments

SarahxFish12590 0

lol thats a little sad...when i was 17, my 12 year old brother could carry me around and i weigh about 40 pounds more.

kh2soldier 1

Ok i agree a little with #1 and #2 but wat if the 7 year old was litlle really fat like ive seen a 7 year old that wieghs more than me and im a skinny girl that wieghs 82 pounds!!!!

I am a teacher of children who are 7 years old. Many of my children are overweight. The heaviest child is 120 pounds. So it is very possible to not be able to lift a 7 year old.

pastycakes95 0

I've had that happen, but I tripped because I was running too fast, not because I wasn't strong enough. (:

shalizzz 0

Although it's completely possible for the kid to be obese and the OP to be really skinny and weak, I still don't understand how the OP could've landed head-first onto the floor.......I mean, most people's immediate reaction when they can no longer carry a burden on their back is to drop to their knees and put their hands forward... Isn't covering your face with your hands/arms an instinctual reaction while falling?

boatkicker 4

OP might have been holding on to the kid in some way that they couldn't get their arms out of? And with a lot of practice you can get over that particular reaction. When falling with someone else I almost always position it so that they land on me, from years olf cheer training. I haven't cheered in forever, but my first instict is now always to catch whoever, even if that means putting myself beneith them. Not saying that OP is necessarily a cheerleader, but that if they are around kids a lot, they may have fallen into "must protect child at all costs" frame of mind.

shalizzz 0

So instead on letting her knees or her arms to take part of the fall (in both situations, the child would have been protected) she decided that her face was a better cushion? If you say so......

god how can u not hold 7 year old? im 13 and i can lift my 10 year old bro who weighs as much as i do

Was the child THAT fat, or are you just THAT weak?