Hushhhh

By Anonymous - 15/07/2016 16:14 - United States - Altamonte Springs

Today, I finally got my fussy newborn back to sleep after the creaking of my chair woke her. I then crept two rooms over and opened a pack of chips, the crinkle of which woke her again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 760
You deserved it 3 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's crazy, my baby wasn't like that at all when she was a newborn. I would talk loudly and watch tv and do whatever around her while she slept. Never bothered her. Hopefully your baby grows out of that soon!

TabooSushi 24

Geebus. Get that baby into a soundproof bubble for sleep time! I kid, of course. That really sucks, I hope she grows out of the fussy stage soon so you can all get some rest!

Comments

My parents never changed their habits when they brought me home. If you try to make everything dead silent, the baby will wake up at the drop of a pin and get extremely cranky and hard to manage. My parents would vacuum, talk, anything normal, and I didn't like it, but once I got tired enough, I learned I had to sleep at some point, and shrugged it off. Worked like a charm!

ManicGypsy 22

It's really smart to get your baby used to sleeping with noises around. People talking, tv going, maybe music or something. If they learn to sleep through all that, it will make your life a WHOLE lot easier for the next few years.

It's noisy inside the womb. Babies are used to loud noise. They only end up light sleepers when parents condition them to be. Start playing a tv, or radio while it sleeps. Gradually get it louder, and louder, until once again yer baby sleeps the way it was meant to.

I can totally relate. here I am laying in my bed after spending 2 hours of up and down to give baby his pacifier, My kitten jumps up to me and meows.waking my kid.FML

you can help make her sleep better with noise by introducing noises to her when she's falling asleep. she'll cry, but eventually she'll fall asleep. it'll be hard at first, but it will greatly benefit you later on when your child isnt waking up at every little sound.

cjk04 12

I never cried as a child, I only really did when I was hurt.