By purpletrout - 30/11/2016 06:39 - United States - Lansing

Today, my energetic 10-month-old decided to stay up four hours past bedtime. After I FINALLY got him to sleep, I tried to go to bed. My husband is now snoring, farting and taking up my side of the bed. I desperately need some sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 407
You deserved it 1 130

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've made it past level one and are on to level two. The end boss involves a strobe light, a bed shaped like an airplane seat, and an army of mosquitos that make alarm clock sounds.

Maybe you could ask him to be in charge of putting your baby to sleep for a few nights so you can catch up on your sleep! Hang in there OP, it'll get better!

Comments

Have him go on baby duty, or move him to the couch for a couple nights

My fiancé and I live together with no children and we are both full time workers and students. I get sooooo grumpy when I've been doing whatever all night (hw, cleaning etc) and I come to bed to hear him snore. On nights like those I just sleep in the guest room. I honestly don't know how new parents deal with annoying shit like that on top of having a screaming or fussy baby. It's impressive.

You've made it past level one and are on to level two. The end boss involves a strobe light, a bed shaped like an airplane seat, and an army of mosquitos that make alarm clock sounds.

You forgot to mention that the bed is made of nails, and the pillow is a balloon.

cootiequeen4444 11

or worse, a pillow that is warm on both sides D:

I think i would sooner sleep on a bed of nails than deal with a hot pillow:(

Set up a bed in the baby's room sounds the better choice :P

Set up a bed in the baby's room and then make your partner sleep in there!

Bad idea dear if he is snoring and farting. It'll keep waking the baby

#13 Astonishingly those are the kind of sounds that ensure that the baby will sleep through the night. When I was beyond exhausted from lack of sleep between a baby that wouldn't sleep for longer than 90min between nursing, and a snoring hubby, I put the baby next to my hubby and slept in the kids room. Best all-night-sleep I had had since birth.

Maybe you could ask him to be in charge of putting your baby to sleep for a few nights so you can catch up on your sleep! Hang in there OP, it'll get better!

Before one of my close friends had kids, I would have questioned how a 10-month-old could "decide" anything, much less to misbehave or not sleep. Said friend now has an almost-two-year-old who has had issues with going to sleep when he should since he was about the age of OP's baby. And he's experiencing his Terrible Twos early, as well. I have learned many things from observing my friend's child. Like that I am unsure if I have the patience to be a mother. I feel for you, OP. I hope you manage to get some rest soon.

Ask your husband to take charge of putting the kid to sleep, actually just make him put the kid to sleep, you deserve to catch up on your sleep! Have your hubby put the baby sleep for a few nights

can't you wake the guy up and make him move over?

tantanpanda 26

Be careful, you're using too much logic. On a serious note, waking up the husband and telling him to get on his side will not ruin his sleep. If anything, it will cause the snoring to temporarily cease since he would be changing positions.