Hushhhh

By Anonymous - 15/07/2016 16:14 - United States - Altamonte Springs

Today, I finally got my fussy newborn back to sleep after the creaking of my chair woke her. I then crept two rooms over and opened a pack of chips, the crinkle of which woke her again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 760
You deserved it 3 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's crazy, my baby wasn't like that at all when she was a newborn. I would talk loudly and watch tv and do whatever around her while she slept. Never bothered her. Hopefully your baby grows out of that soon!

TabooSushi 24

Geebus. Get that baby into a soundproof bubble for sleep time! I kid, of course. That really sucks, I hope she grows out of the fussy stage soon so you can all get some rest!

Comments

Look into getting a white sound machine (or even a free app for your phone). Getting your baby to be use to ambient sound while sleeping will help in the long run. Good luck, OP!

I keep an air purifier in my daughters room for when it's too cool for the ac. Both provide adequate white noise that drowns out most innocuous noise. Though there are times when Five Finger Death Punch works better. Crazy I know, but whatever works for sanity. My daughter is 7 months, and I'm still waiting for her to sleep through everyday noises.

Be noisy or she'll always be a light sleeper and wake at the drop of a pin. She'll tire soon enough and settle and you can eat your chips and squeak your seat as much as your heart desires.

Family members of mine used to put the Tv on whenever they put their baby to sleep. Gets them used to sleeping with noise around them and covers up other noises as well.

You need a white noise machine. (Or put a radio on static if you cat afford a thing.) play music whatever. The present sound will block out your other out of the room sounds.

Hybricide 8

Sounds like your kid is a light sleeper. Do your best to try to not tiptoe around while she sleeps. She'll eventually get used to the noises and won't even stir. Will make for a crappy week though. Good luck! Been there!

a apple wouldnt have done that make the healthy choice... kidding but sucks for you

butdoctorwhat 15

It's actually best not to keep a baby's environment completely silent. Try getting the baby to sleep while the dishwasher is running or with the TV on so that the kid knows that sounds like those are normal. It makes the environment much easier to sleep in. It's what my parents did for me and I slept like a rock as a kid.

This literally just happened to me almost the same way. Fussy 9mo old, woke when I accidentally bumped the baby gate on my way out of the room. Then, after she was back to sleep I opened a package of cookies, and she was screaming before I could even pour some milk. Good luck, poster, in the life of parenting