Hushhhh

By Anonymous - 15/07/2016 16:14 - United States - Altamonte Springs

Today, I finally got my fussy newborn back to sleep after the creaking of my chair woke her. I then crept two rooms over and opened a pack of chips, the crinkle of which woke her again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 760
You deserved it 3 091

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's crazy, my baby wasn't like that at all when she was a newborn. I would talk loudly and watch tv and do whatever around her while she slept. Never bothered her. Hopefully your baby grows out of that soon!

TabooSushi 24

Geebus. Get that baby into a soundproof bubble for sleep time! I kid, of course. That really sucks, I hope she grows out of the fussy stage soon so you can all get some rest!

Comments

Her super powers have been discovered early! This reminds me of something I heard from one of my workmates, who has a 4 month old. He says you could drop a pin on the other side of the house and his baby will hear it and wake.

The best thing to do is introduce her to sound when she's sleeping, so when she tries to sleep in the future little noises don't keep her up all the time. White noise (or other sounds) in particular.

Leave a radio on in the baby's room when the baby is sleeping.

Start having noise around the baby when she sleeps. Start soft and increase till everything is at a normal volume. I could vacuum and do anything else around my kids while they slept. That way when you want to go out but it's nap time it will not matter. They will sleep not cry. One of mine slept through a concert in a park with fireworks.

It won't last forever. Someday you will look back fondly. My daughter was the same way. Any noise and she was up crying. So I feel for you op. I really do. Stay strong... This too shall pass.

next time open the chips in a bucket full of water to muffle the sound

My parents seemed to always throw a party when I would sleep so I can now sleep easily through loud noises. So now my husband and I are always loud around our 2-month-old (not on purpose, we're just loud people) and she can sleep through anything it seems. I would try introducing sound while she is sleeping especially since she is a newborn it is still early enough to get her used to loud noises :)

This happens when you try to be too quiet. If you maintain normal levels of noise, little stuff doesn't wake the baby. My 3 daughters can sleep thru the garbage truck, the snow plow, and a bucket loader outside their window.

Being a father of two, I can safely say that being dead silent is the worst thing you can do. Talk on the phone, watch TV, listen to the radio. The baby will learn to get used to noise so you can continue doing your own thing. If they become accustomed to silence while they sleep, it can be hard to break them out of it.

Our baby is a sensitive sleeper too. We use a ton of white noise to attempt to drown out other noises and disturbances. It works pretty well and she only wakes for a bottle (most nights)