Help!

By Anonymous - 07/05/2012 05:25 - United States - North Bergen

Today, I went to a river near my house. They have several swing ropes that you grab and then jump into the river. As I was about to let go of the rope, my leg got tangled and I was held underwater. My mom watched and laughed for a while before she came to help me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 638
You deserved it 3 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sierra142 19

If you were underwater how do you know she was laughing?

Nice mother! Always there to save you!

Comments

Funny there was a video of a situation similar to this on Australia's funniest home videos a few weeks ago, figures....

pimpnainteasy 5

That blows man, should've just jumped in like us cliff divers :)

pimpnainteasy 5

Oh and atleast your mom helped mine would've say there and kept laughing

Did anybody else think of Bridge to Terabithia?

Good question. Ask the person 3 comments above yours.

You failed to pick the correct rope. Try again, but choose wisely: you only have 2 lives left.

Something similar happened to one of my friends when she was a kid; she nearly drowned while her asshole mother sat and watched, probably smirking and thinking of all the money she'd make from the pool when she sued for her kid's 'wrongful death.' She was pissed off when my friend managed to save herself, hollering at her that she 'was never in any danger' and that if my friend said one more word about the episode her mom would 'beat her bad.' That incident scarred her for life not only because she's afraid of water but also and more obviously because she realized when she was still a child that her mother didn't give a rat's ass about her. I didn't even know her when this happened but I shudder to think about how afraid she was while she thought she was drowning and how upset she was to find that her mother saw the whole thing and didn't help. I read this FML and had those same feelings even though at least this time the mother (eventually) helped. How could any parent see their child in danger and not run like the wind to go help them? How could they think it was FUNNY? Horrible, absolutely horrible.

Ins0mau 20

A lot of people don't seem to realise that I'd you are upside down underwater, the water goes straight up your nose and you feel like your drowning. So it'd be pretty damn scary being in hat situation and tied at the legs.

sidkid008 0

Is your house a van really down by the river?