Helicopter parents

By that girl. - 06/06/2012 05:26 - United States

Today, instead of having my friends come pick me up, my dad drove me over to visit them. He insisted on walking me up to the door, hugging me goodbye, and making sure my friends were appropriate enough to hang out with. I'm in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 526
You deserved it 3 554

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

You're still their little girl~ But yes, that is a bit embarrassing...

well there could be worse, like he could join you with your friends.

Comments

stormer461 13

He doesn't want you hanging out with the wrong crowd OP

perdix 29

I'll bet it got kinda creepy when he insisted on hugging all of your friends, too.

Today, My father made sure I wasn't going to be in the presence of bad influences, who little-would-I-know, could slowly press me to let my entire life deteriorate. FML OP, at least your father cares about you. Some people's father's beat them, leave them, don't care about them, or hate them. Be grateful your dad LOVES YOU enough to do something like that even though you'll take it as effing your life.

It's so horrible having a dad who cares.

I was gonna say the same thing. At least he cares..

I accidentally thumbed down this, but agree. Try having parents who don't care and that grass will stop looking so green pretty quick.

He just loves you.... I wish my dad was around to embarass me

Your situation is worse, but that doesn't mean OP isn't allowed to complain about her's

Oh my then. You're absolutely an adult who can make your own decisions... I wish I could post the sarcastic/condescending wonka meme...

Sounds like my dad. Except it's with boys and he insists on stealing the Bill Engvall stand up line "I have no problem going back to prison." Now that's annoying. And unnecessary.

Tali147 16

I had wondered where my uncle got that! Now I know.

Yes, how awful . . . someone cares about you . . . how will you ever cope with such a tragedy?

Tali147 16

I am possibly being very naive but I thought you were married Noor?

11161986 1

Sounds like what my children will be dealing with in the future. I know the dumb stuff my friends and I did. I still tell my parents I love them every time we talk.