Helicopter parents

By that girl. - 06/06/2012 05:26 - United States

Today, instead of having my friends come pick me up, my dad drove me over to visit them. He insisted on walking me up to the door, hugging me goodbye, and making sure my friends were appropriate enough to hang out with. I'm in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 528
You deserved it 3 555

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

You're still their little girl~ But yes, that is a bit embarrassing...

well there could be worse, like he could join you with your friends.

Comments

He wanted to check out your hot college girlfriends.

iHeartRKO 5

At least your daddy cares... Mine is a crack head that left me when I was 4 ... Be grateful for these moments

Sucks that you're parents love you. atleast you have parents. Some dont. They may embarrass you sometimes but some people dont even have parents. Be thankful.

ashleerodrigu 2

It's your fault.... If its so embarrassing than why don't you get a car and go yourself or have a friend that knows how your parents are. This isn't a fyl when you could do other things to change it but choose not to.

Today, My father made sure I wasn't going to be in the presence of bad influences, who little-would-I-know, could slowly press me to let my entire life deteriorate. FML OP, at least your father cares about you. Some people's father's beat them, leave them, don't care about them, or hate them. Be grateful your dad LOVES YOU enough to do something like that even though you'll take it as effing your life.

Some kids are actually so damn cool, the recognize when their parents make that sort of joke... :-0 if your friends don't get it either then maybe your dad has reason to believe they're lame?

chick92282 15

I know it's embarrassing, and I would've been embarrassed to if my dad had done that. All I can say, though, is to just go with it. When he's gone, you will remember this and smile. I remember all of the stupid, uber-protective things my dad did and I'm glad he did them now because I knew he cared.

At least he cares! But yeah, that's a little overbearing!

tildoorf84 7

don't be sad or embarrassed, at least you have a dad that shows you love.

You could just be happy your dad cares about you... He won't be around forever to look-after you and help you