Heartless

By Anonymous - 04/09/2012 17:26 - Netherlands - Utrecht

Today, at a supermarket entrance, a seemingly drunk old lady said, "Sir?" as I passed by. I just ignored her and walked in. When I walked out with my groceries fifteen minutes later, several people were standing around her, calling for an ambulance. She'd passed out on the ground. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 403
You deserved it 58 875

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I don't see why you wouldn't have just asked what she needed, instead of ignoring her COMPLETELY... :/

Why did you ignore her?! Even as a courtesy you should at least see what's wrong and if she looks bad get help for her!

Comments

I am disgusted! I would love nothing more than to slap you right now!! Jerk.

reusster 1

WOW! You're a freakin' douche bag!

afairshake 8

YDI what a jerk even if she had been drunk which sounds like she wasn't it was an old lady obviously calling out for help and you just ignored her. Sound like a heartless douche bag to me. Karma is a real bitch you know one day that may just come back to bite you. What if she'd died and you had just passed her by how would you feel? What if it was your grandmother and someone else ignored her that way? I would have helped.

I love how everyone turns into self-righteous, karma-preaching idiots here on fmylife the moment someone does something "bad". I wonder how many of you would really have stopped had a seemingly drunk woman said "sir" (which is not a "cry for help"). Not many. And it was at a Supermarket which means there were other people around which hardly makes OP responsible. Still, logic seems to be one of those missing pieces on humanity and the comments raining in makes me twitch. OP obviously felt bad about it, despite there being no need to. You can't fasten the responsibility completely on one person like that - it's stupid, childish and petty and you are hardly saints. Before judging, try putting yourself in the situation. I doubt any of you would've done differently.

HunterAlpha1 8

you, *sir*(spelled c-u-r), are an asshole!

pengin 13

Exactly-- I'm actually amazed how its so overwhelmingly that OP deserved it. Um, no he didn't. Like you said who here would seriously do anything different??? People are feeling way too self-righteous. From the context-- you really have no idea if the woman actually needed help, and it's not OP's job to apparently become so involved in someone's life, when they really didn't think anything was truly wrong. I know for 100% fact if OP was a girl (OP could be a girl though, as it wasn't specified) and the person involved was an old guy--- no one would be blaming OP.

Look at all the modded comments, look at them. O_O On a side note maybe I'm a bit paranoid but lots of modded comments, almost 0 comments supporting Op, facism maybe?

captainburke 5

Everybody keeps asking why op ignored the woman, it's bc people like that are almost always asking for money... That's a messed up situation but not op's fault.

i think this ones more fherlife not yours. cant wait for the day your in her position. hopefully someone walks by and says "pfffttttt stupid drunk" and ignores you completely. i know you didnt know but take 2 seconds out of your day to find out next time asshole

hopefully the same thing happens to you. take 2 seconds out of your day next time

Would you take 2 seconds out of yours if you had shit that needed to be done? I think not. She's also outside of a supermarket not in his front yard. She just said "sir" and nothing else, if she wanted help she should have said "help" or "rape" because a lot of people ignore help too.

Isa_fml 20

Uh, yes? Because it's TWO SECONDS. OH NO I CAN'T STOP OR I WILL BE TWO SECONDS LATE FOR MY APPOINTMENT. Sorry, doesn't wash.