Great, just great

By Norwegian - 02/06/2012 16:55 - Norway

Today, I introduced my girlfriend to my dad. I thought it was a good idea at the time, at least until he took her aside for a private chat. During the chat, he told her all about my two previous marriages and advised her to "get out while you can". FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 050
You deserved it 7 455

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he has a good reason for saying that? After all you have been divorced twice...

Comments

Well, I don't mean to be cruel, but they both had the OP in common...

soccergurrll 8

Your dad seems very supportive of your love life.

If your own father is saying things like that about you, then maybe that's a sign she SHOULD get out. Besides, those two previous marriages had a common denominator: you.

I had the same advise for a friend who was dating a guy who married a woman after going out for a while then they separated for two years so they could divorce according to Australian law. He is a US citizen. They did end up separating, but over another matter entirely different, but if THEIR parent tells you to run, it's either because they don't like you, or because they really don't trust their kid to treat you right. You be the judge.

The_CL0GGER 0

You should tell him "I've left my two former wives, and I wont hesitate to leave you in a ditch if you keep screwing this up!"

tony1891 22

you have wonderful parents

perdix 29

Hopefully, she left before she looked in the freezer in the basement.

On second thought, he might be trying to save you from a crazy axe murdering psycho bitch and was trying to make sure that she felt she was taking the higher road by dumping you since your father told her so. Just think of it in terms of he wanted someone better for you than what you brought home since he's already seen your last two choices in brides. Just be ready to have him do it again if he doesn't like them or thinks it'll be a repeat of marriage one and two.

Maybe he did it because he wanted her for himself

The_CL0GGER 0

Im sure the girlfreiend wouldnt want to date the person that told her to leave her ex-boyfriend because of his ex-wives edit: I didnt realize it when I typed it, but this comment is hard to follow

unknown_user5566 26

Well now you know in the future to be honest with your girlfriend. If you're at the stage where you want her to meet your parents, you are certainly serious enough to tell her about your past.