Grandma gets around

By LittleLou - 16/10/2016 04:28 - United States

Spicy
Today, I told my grandma my boyfriend broke up with me. She immediately asked if it was because I didn't put out. I'm 15. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 696
You deserved it 1 416

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And that's when it occurred to you why your mother is 30 and your grandmother is 45.

15 years old and not married yet??? Why in my day, we ladies didn't wait around for silly things like a career and education. No, we had our priorities straight. Psh. You silly younguns. I bet you wear shoes and leave the kitchen too, you uppity girl. Go make that poor old woman some grandbabies right now!

Comments

Well, if sex is off the table, then you're too young for this whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing. Just have friends, regardless of gender, until you feel ready to start banging.

Not all relationships revolve around sex, you know. Saying OP shouldn't be dating just because she's "too young to do that" is ridiculous.

People like you are exactly the reason waiting makes sense. If you want a REAL relationship, don't put out; the ones only in it for sex will wander off before you've wasted too much of yourself on them, and you're free to look for better options.

There are people in their 20's, 30's and above that wouldn't agree to that. Not everyone wants sex, some don't want it at all. I'm over 21, legally an adult, and I wouldn't agree to that. Am I not old enough to date?

Seriously, do you need to get in a committed, monogamous boyfriend-girlfriend relationship if sex is not even a possibility? Why can't you be platonic with many people?

Your grandma sounds like a character. So what did you tell her?

I don't understand old people. They tell 15 year olds and the like that they should have like five children by now and they think that's fine, but yet they get all horrified if they see a condom advert. Strange, strange generation.

Those two things actually go quite well together; it's not strange at all that someone would hold both beliefs. It's more strange when someone abhors both teenage pregnancy and condoms.

My grandmother told me that in her day many people were parents by the time they were 18. The thing that disgusted her was that now everyone talks about anything related to sex. In her day you only talked about sex if 1) you were a women having her first period 2) a new parent or 3) getting ready for marriage. Otherwise, sex and everything related to it was on the same level as 'The F Word'.

Goblin182 26

I don't know why everyone is assuming Granny is telling OP she should put out. Granny was just asking a question.

She still lives the the 19th century? A period when it was legal to marry at the age of 13+? What an awesome period.