Getting on

By S. Michaels - 14/03/2012 15:17 - United States

Today, I was chatting to a nice girl at the mall, and I said if she didn't get a raise, I would write to the management. She said they have no email address, and I replied that I meant an actual letter. "Like, on paper?" she said, "Damn, how old are ya, pops?" I want a ticket off this planet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 430
You deserved it 3 670

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Idonebeenhad 17

Wow she has no excuse for that kinda stupidity.

Comments

tiffdepp 9

What a idiot. Don't feel bad.

Today's society scares me. Too many people today completely depend on electronics and cannot live without them instead of considering it a luxury or a treat

jazzeh103 4
_Krijs 5

Haha, this is hilarious. Not the FML, but the comments. I would love to know how often you all write physical letters. Do me a favour, compare the amount of letters you've written to the number of emails -- suddenly, it's pretty obvious which system is the relevant one in today's society. It's not a case of "can't live without technology," it's a case of staying with the times. Hell, in technological terms, email is getting long in the tooth as well, but it's a primary source of communication for a huge amount of people. What scares me honestly is that a BUSINESS doesn't seem to have an email system set up? I mean really? That's pretty bad. Besides that, writing a letter (complaining) about a raise is probably the most impersonal thing I could think of (besides email) and shows you're too scared to (politely) confront upper echelons about a gripe - great message to send to your boss - especially in a job where people skills are key. Why would you not suggest that she discuss it face-to-face with her line manager? Hell, even over a drink if the manager isn't stuck up their own ass. Anyway, YDI for thinking that we shouldn't be deprecating old technologies in favour of newer and better ones. Have a good day, old man.

DoubletheDuck 7

A ticket off this planet? Why? So we can **** up the next one?

taylor317 7

What a bitch, I hope you didn't write that letter.

delrio1d 5

well how old are youu? But I do think writing letters is betger than email

So no one thinks it's an asshole/creepy move that OP was 'demanding' for a raise for a nice girl, while she probably didn't even deserve it? And that's why I hate certain customers.