Pay people a living wage

By F Capitalist somms - 06/04/2023 02:00

Today, I received a very angry email from the lady who interviewed me for a position at a clothing store. She told me I was entitled, unprofessional, and greedy. Apparently, “Because I need money to pay my bills and feed my daughter” wasn’t an appropriate response to, “Why do you wanna work here?” FML
I agree, your life sucks 873
You deserved it 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that's a great answer, also shows that you need a job and will take it seriously. It's bullshit that what they want is you to research the company and act like you really care about some detail. AKA I've always been passionate about Yada Yada.

I'd be following up with someone higher than her.

Comments

I think that's a great answer, also shows that you need a job and will take it seriously. It's bullshit that what they want is you to research the company and act like you really care about some detail. AKA I've always been passionate about Yada Yada.

I'd be following up with someone higher than her.

While your answer was unprofessional, so is sending an angry email to complain at an applicant. Send her an email back.

The answer is NOT unprofessional. Stop thinking that the company you work for is your life. Op gave the best reasons to work somewhere.

Well even though sending this email was very unprofessional you deserved it. Believe me or not but there are people who like fashion and like working in contact with clients. You clearly make her lose her time if that was your only motivation. She has the right to hire someone motivated that is not going to run away as soon as she finds something that she is more interested in or pays better.

ODBeefalo 10

if this was a minimum wage dead end type of job then yeah, the reason people take those jobs is to pay the bills... if this was a minimum wage entry job in a nicer clothing brand YDI. I tend to research the companies, not because I want to be the best company man and loyal worker I can, but to figure out if this is a "for now" job or a milestone type of job. I started in what I do at $18cad, moved companies for $17 and now make $25.75 with bonuses, tons of available OT, yearly raises and work In a small team booth in a "small" growing company. a rule as an employee you should learn... Lie, like all the time to get what you want from corporate until you find a job you like. they don't care about you, so don't care about the..

good you don't work for her. she's power tripping and thinks her job is all important. how dare you not grovel at her knees for a retail job with minimum wage pay?!? working for her would be a nightmare. send me her number and I'll take her down a peg or two lol

While she was wrong to email you like that, your response isn't going to get you a job. No employer is going to invest in training you (even if training is only a day) if they know you're only there until the next job comes along.