Food fight

By hss - 30/05/2011 01:59 - United States

Today, my fiancé and I had a fight because he wouldn't let me get what I wanted to eat, even though it was my money. He said, "It's way too many calories. I'm supposed to help you lose weight." When I pointed out that I had given up a month ago, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, I can tell." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 854
You deserved it 49 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeaRTs_Girl 0

No matter how you spin it, this situation is just ******* sad. Good luck, assholes.

You asked him to help you lose weight at some point. He agreed. That means he has to do his job and encourage you to lose weight, even when you say you give up.

Comments

While I admit what he said was a bit harsh, he IS trying to help you..

Well he is just trying to support you... but at the same time he should have been more gentle about it.

You have 2 choices. (1) Accept his help and lose the extra weight, or (2) tell him not to help and pretend that there isn't a problem with your increasing weight. But remember, it isn't fair to expect him to stay with you, if he no longer finds you attractive.

hpdc 0

are you really that shallow?

Elenachka 0

While nobody is arguing here that aesthetics don't play and a role in actually physically attracting you to someone in the first place, when you love someone the entire way you see them changes. Good looks are ALWAYS temporary, while real love is not. ANND I digress...OP deserves it if she asked for his help, IMO, although I'd help explain the concept of tact to the fiancé. And don't give up!

You're probably right. Weight alone isn't a very good reason to dump someone. Let's hope that OP's fiancé agrees.

Yes, it is. Being fat sets you up for failure in life including lost job opportunities, lost social opportunities, high risk of having fat kids, major preventable health issues and being gross in general.

ReynshineCutting 10

Who says her weight is increasing? Maybe she's been overweight her whole life. And coming from an overweight chick with a fiancé, he was attracted to me at 200lbs and is attracted to me at 180 where I am now. He wouldn't be attracted to me at 250+ but there's no reason to get that big so I don't had to worry about it. If they got together and she was overweight (which is just shy of a definitely) he was attracted to her overweight. As long as she doesn't gain he should still be attracted to her.

sandmancometh 3

No you shouldn't get what you want to eat he was right. Your fat ass should be a pretty good indicator of what you shouldn't be eating. No amount of dieting works if you don't do cardio to burn up the fat. So go exercise for 2-3 hours a day and try the zone diet, your marriage won't last longer but you will feel and look better....Yes I said 2-3 hours a day.

Because everyone who doesn't do 3 hours exercise every single day is disgusting and fat? -_-

monnanon 13

I thought going to the gym everyday did you no favours, aren't you supposed to take a day off in between to let the body recover then the muscles work better next time?

Elenachka 0

I think that's typically regarding toning and muscle building, as the muscles break down during a workout and need the time off to repair themselves and "get big" lol. I believe, depending on personal situation, 30-60 min a day of exercising at an elevated heart rate (cardio) is generally a good rule of thumb for weight maintenance and heart health

monnanon 13

ah ok I wasn't sure, I know that 30 mins a day of physical activity is reccomended jsut wans't sure about the hours in the gym.

Yeh, as far as I was aware the UK (Yeh, I know not USA -_-) health guidelines states 1 hour exercise per day, or 30 mins for people with standing/quite active jobs.

ReynshineCutting 10

You do realize that any doctor, personal trainer, dietician, etc. will tell you not to do 2-3 hours at a time. Perhaps if you break it into 2-3 workouts throughout the day, but not all at once. If you do it all at once, you'll deplete your glycogen stores and will break down muscle. Your body can't burn just pure fat. It needs glycogen to burn as well and if you run out, it turns to your muscles. So you would have to take a break in the middle to eat. Not to mention, cardio alone is just inefficient. 30 minutes of cardio with 30-45 minutes of weights is 1000x better than an hour of cardio.

monnanon 13

It depends on what you are trying to do with your body, cardio is better for keeping fit but you need to do a mixture to lose weight. I've never heard any doctor reccomend 2-3 hours of excersize unless you are training for something but maybe I've never been to the doctors for the right thing to be given that advice.

NYBellz 0

tell him if u eat this ... sex will be needed to take off the calories ... girl strategize if u want to eat good than work out even better

sandmancometh 3

brilliant, if you eat and get fatter he will want to have more sex to burn off calories NOT likely.

haha ouch.. Jenny Craig apparently tastes good.. you could try that. then both of you will be happy :p

I hate to stereotype, but a lot of food I've seen advertised as or in America makes me feel sick just looking at it. Most the food seems to be crammed and stuff full of calories to a really unhealthy level. I don't think I would EVER eat out in standard American restaurants myself. So if I'm correct, then you probably ARE eating too many calories that is healthily possible and he has a point (even if he put it rudely which I DO NOT condone). Learn to cook, make something with vegetables! Gah! Healthy is about 1500-2000 calories a day with a mixed diet and lots of exercise to keep up your metabolism. If you are keeping up a healthy life-style then tell him that and tell him to STFU, but from this FML it sounds like you aren't.

lol, I totally didn't need to use caps lock. >.< I sound aggressive. Sorry. I meant I wouldn't ever eat out at an Americans Mc-donalds (those kinds of restaurants) and stuff on a regular basis.. not that I'm getting on my high horse and saying i've never been to one. I still stand by the fact I've still never seen American snacks that didn't make me feel queezy. >.

Petunia888 13

You're right; I'm from America, and I can definitely say that most of us are ignorant to what is in our food. It's very difficult to find places that have organic/all natural stuff. Society has taught us that we need to eat things like McDonald's and other nasty things. Blugh!

I remember from my trip in the US that my host family (the nicest persons in the world) had a gigantic problem with vegetables... They told me american food is the most unhealthy and I agree with them: it would be so much better if the kids there learnt to appreciate healthy food and not switch from pizza at lunch to burgers/cheesy pastas at dinner Everyday !

ReynshineCutting 10

McDonalds tastes awesome :P but it's one of those once a month kind of "treats". As for veggies, straight up veggies are nasty. They need some sort of sauce which usually isn't terribly healthy. But if you don't eat a lot of it it's fine. Cooked carrots with butter and brown sugar are freaking amazing. Cooked carrots without it are meh. Mushrooms must be cooked with butter or they're gross. Pretty much all green veggies are nasty without cheese. People just have different tastes so you have to adjust it to where you don't live off of McDonalds, but don't throw up from the taste of plain veggies.

TheDrifter 23

Ranch dressing makes all vegetables better. I love fresh mushrooms dipped in ranch, make that light ranch for people on diets. I am by no means a little person, but at 6'2 and 250 lbs I'm happy with my size, no beer gut or double chins for me.

skyttlz 32

Yup I went to the American burger chain Red Robin and everything they had was HUGE! they didn't have any small burgers! I felt outta place cuz I got a vegetarian rice bowl and my mom, dad and boyfriend got burgers.

What on earth is wrong with the taste of plain veggies? Your taste buds are probably so damaged from all the chemicals. Maybe lay off the msg for a while.

GogoTheGreat 12

You're the fiancee, he's the fiance.

MedChew 19

This is a YDI with a tasty tinge of FYL. A rarity indeed