Food fight

By hss - 30/05/2011 01:59 - United States

Today, my fiancé and I had a fight because he wouldn't let me get what I wanted to eat, even though it was my money. He said, "It's way too many calories. I'm supposed to help you lose weight." When I pointed out that I had given up a month ago, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, I can tell." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 854
You deserved it 49 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeaRTs_Girl 0

No matter how you spin it, this situation is just ******* sad. Good luck, assholes.

You asked him to help you lose weight at some point. He agreed. That means he has to do his job and encourage you to lose weight, even when you say you give up.

Comments

Your fiancé is an ass, and abusive to boot. If he's already trying to control and belittle you before you're even married, imagine how much worse it's going to get after you tie the knot. Dump him now and save yourself the years of heartache.

totally agree! what happens if you end up having a baby? you going to deal with that crap for the rest of your life?

Go ahead, eat whatever the hell you want. That way he won't feel pressured to make you eat healthy and you'll only have yourself to blame for additional weight gain. Or would that be his fault as well?

johnnie254 7

you don't sound like a determined person. more so a big quitter. step your shit up

sweetcande999 0

Hun don't give up. Just give up all unhealthy food. trust me after the first month you will feel so much better and won't need it. you don't have to go to the gym. just work out at home. Jog up and down the stairs.. ride a bike.. anything that gets you moving. healthy food and exercise is all that's needed to lose weight. not this weird stuff.

I know he sounded harsh with that response but he was meaning well. It's very hard for the guy to try to control what you eat when you diet, which is kinda what you wanted when you told him to make sure you didn't eat junk. The problem you probably had with your dieting is that chances are you went on one of those crash diets, or maybe tried a few different ones. If you hop on any diet and stop you will just gain more weight than you had before. You need to try to completely change your eatting habits by finding substitutions for the bad food you eat. If you eat chips, try switching to pretzels or something like that. Figuring out all the junk food, or fatty foods that you eat regluarly and switching it with the healthy substitute that you enjoy will make it alot easier on you. Try to eat alot of fruit for snacks as well...after a while you wont enjoy the really bad stuff anymore.

you sound annoying, i wouldnt marry you.

Its not always calorie intake, it's also portion size that has an impact, I'd tell him to piss off.

maybe instead of arguing about it you take his advice!