Food fight

By hss - 30/05/2011 01:59 - United States

Today, my fiancé and I had a fight because he wouldn't let me get what I wanted to eat, even though it was my money. He said, "It's way too many calories. I'm supposed to help you lose weight." When I pointed out that I had given up a month ago, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, I can tell." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 854
You deserved it 49 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeaRTs_Girl 0

No matter how you spin it, this situation is just ******* sad. Good luck, assholes.

You asked him to help you lose weight at some point. He agreed. That means he has to do his job and encourage you to lose weight, even when you say you give up.

Comments

You told him to help you lose weight. He was just following your wishes. I bet if he had let you eat whatever you wanted, you probably would have complained to him later and asked him why he didn't stop you. YDI.

pepelapew 0
theten_fml 9

fat girls need love too... just not from theten.

you're beautiful, youre beautiful it's true :D

titan87 0
MalaInsane_11 0

that is the gayest comment yet...

ReynshineCutting 10

Tell him to deal with it and eat what you want. Just offset it later with time in the gym and a meal replacement shake for your next meal. You can eat those high cal foods if you offset them. Don't worry OP. I know exactly what you're going through. He'll learn eventually when to be a warden and when to let you splurge. It just takes time. Mine knows when to be a hardass and when not to, but it took about 6 months after I started my diet. Now I'm taking a break from it and am focusing on maintaining my current weight before I start dieting again, and just offsetting the junk food is the key. You can do it! Ignore all these skinny assholes on here who don't have a clue!

If you can lose weight by substituting a meal with a meal shake, you're too fat and eat wayyy too much. Those things are like 400 calories.

With meal shakes, you may lose the weight, but it will come back. Because you don't have enough carbs, and don't eat that many calories (even if you have less calories with than your diet saids, it's bad for you.

Or eating healthy food while hitting the gym. I heard it works well. I honestly don't see how continuing eating high calory meals will help you settle your weight: and worse, you still don't get the point of a balanced alimentation if you consider a diet can be stopped whenever you feel like eating a pizza. But hey, just my opinion.

ReynshineCutting 10

I busted my ass for 6 months dieting, lost 25 lbs, and plateaued for 3 months. I didn't get to eat all the good food that whole time so since I was busting my ass dieting and not losing for a few months, I decided to focus on just maintaining that weight and enjoy food again. I don't eat bad all the time, my eating habits have definitely changed. But two to three times a week I have a splurge meal (pizza, fried chicken, BBQ, whatever) and I'll have a 300 cal shake for the meal before or after it that has fresh fruit in it (without the fruit it's a 200 cal shake) to offset the bad stuff. I guess I should've rephrased my comment to OP that you should eat healthier in general but you can eat those unhealthy foods if you offset them, just not every day. The whole eating healthy and exercise thing doesn't work for everyone. Some peoe have to "eat bland and tasteless disgusting clean low cal healthy stuff and exercise until you pass out or puke" without ever getting anything that tastes good. Only way I could lose weight was with a balanced 1300 cal a day diet where nothing tastes good. Do that for 6 months and it'll drive you crazy. So this summer I am going to enjoy food while maintaining my weight, and I'll diet again in the fall.

W...t...f? dude your taking this wayyyy to seriously

You can't offset the bad by replacing your next meal with a shake and there are plenty of dishes that are low in calories that also taste good. Rice is very low in calories and will help you feel full all while making a great ingredient for combination with other foods. It taste great in a stir-fry. This is the age of the Internet, you can find plenty of healthy dishes online. If she is serious about losing weight she needs to: A. Accept that she is fat and not deny it, beat herself up over it or make excuses (the most common thing people do). This is not permanent and if she wants to change it she can. B. Reduce her caloric intake. She also needs to burn more calories than she is intaking in co-ordinance with exercise. This will her boost her metabolism. The exercise part could be fun if done with her S.O. C. Be conscious of what she is putting in her mouth. You can't eat the same things and expect magic to happen without some inherit tradeoff like (more exercising.) D. She needs to realize this is not a process that is instantaneous. Once her body becomes adjusted, it will become second nature to stay within her aspired weight limit. I have a mind to say that if every fat person was offered a million dollars a year to change their habits we'd see a lot less obesity.

So let me get this straight. You asked him to help you lose weight, which is a giant amount of pressure to put on someone. Then he did exactly what you asked for, being strong for you when your willpower was failing, and you bitch about it? I get the feeling that if he had just not said anything, you'd be bitching about how he didn't try to stop you. YDI over and over again.

The OP didn't actually say that she asked her boyfriend to help her lose weight. He just said he's "supposed to" do that for her. Maybe he feels that as her boyfriend it's just part of what you do in a relationship, support one another. Or he could be the controlling type. It seems to me that if she'd asked him to help her lose weight, she would've kept him involved in her efforts and let him know that she'd given up--at the time she did so instead of months later.

22 took the words out of my mouth (keyboard?)... OP, people like you are the reason why I am ashamed of my gender.

And yet another FML where someone doesn't know that "fiancée" indicates a female. Not trying to be pedantic, just trying to spread the knowledge a little.

Cool, so what is the word for a man someone is engaged to? Fiance? spell thing says it's spelt wrong...

Yep, it is "fiancé" when you're referring to the man -- with the accent mark over the 'e', though, which could be why your spell-checker didn't recognize it.

Rachel_fml 20

well, he is trying to support you imo.. fyl indeed!

What an ass. Just hope that he was joking.