First impressions

By Anonymous - 14/01/2011 07:51 - Australia

Today, I had my first job interview in months. The interviewer started by introducing herself and asking how I was. I got caught between introducing myself and telling her how I was and replied, "I'm Kate thanks." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 596
You deserved it 5 419

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYLDeep 25

Well that sounds weird but it shouldn't have killed the interview by any means.

It sounds like she was just saying her name and thanking the interviewer, which is not a big deal.

Comments

yeahthatsrite 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

meh it's not that bad could've just laughed it off

It's hardly that the OP is an idiot, she was probably nervous and anxious. It happens, I've done it once or twice. As above poster has written, you could just laugh it off. :)

peach6 0

Yeah, like they probably knew that you were just nervous:p it'll be alright

don't tell me you haven't ****** anything up like that before. everyone has

Hide_Yo_Kids 0

U deserve it for being named Kate

TheDrifter 23

I'm thinking it wasn't Frank. What sick bugger names their daughter Frank?

Ok so make a joke out if it. it's not the end of the world... or I it...?

FYLDeep 25

Well that sounds weird but it shouldn't have killed the interview by any means.

Princess994 0

I don't get what happened here. someone explain please?

tanjoodo 3

Instead of "I'm fine thanks" and "my name is Kate" she said "I'm Kate thanks" Not that hard.

It sounds like she was just saying her name and thanking the interviewer, which is not a big deal.

Hide_Yo_Kids 0

Ok didn't u have like a completely diff picture a week ago

This is in no way an FML. Whoopie doo, you may have made yourself look a bit silly, but it's not the end of the world :')

Dude don't say that! I said something like that once, and got flammed by like three people telling me to read the FAQ and stuff. Lol.

charlieohcharlie 12

However, it isn't funny, nor do I see how saying "I"m Kate, thanks" would mess up her interview.

divali 5

hope the word 'multi-tasking' wasn't mentioned any where in your resume or in the job requirements. They expect you to atleast answer two questions and make sense at the same time.

that shouldn't have ruined the interview. why didn't you just make a joke out of it?

holy crap! I live in not only the same country but same state as you! closest to home yet :p