Food fight

By hss - 30/05/2011 01:59 - United States

Today, my fiancé and I had a fight because he wouldn't let me get what I wanted to eat, even though it was my money. He said, "It's way too many calories. I'm supposed to help you lose weight." When I pointed out that I had given up a month ago, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, I can tell." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 854
You deserved it 49 688

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HeaRTs_Girl 0

No matter how you spin it, this situation is just ******* sad. Good luck, assholes.

You asked him to help you lose weight at some point. He agreed. That means he has to do his job and encourage you to lose weight, even when you say you give up.

Comments

monnanon 13

Maybe OP gave up because she has reached her Ideal weight or at least a wieght where she feels she no longer has to lose anything. This may be her only treat in that month too so yes the fiancé is just being a bit of an ass. You don't need to eat healthy food all the time just as long as every meal does not consist of mcdonalds.

crazyin321 0

While what you say IS a possiblilty, I don't think so. If she worked hard and got to her goal weight, do you think she would have 'pointed out that she GAVE UP' or would she have mentioned that she'd reached her ideal weight??

ReynshineCutting 10

She may not have reached her ultimate goal but she may have lost enough for now that she's satisfied and is sick to death of dieting. I know I am. I still have 40lbs to get to my ideal weight but I'm satisfied for now where I am so I stopped dieting for awhile.

TheDrifter 23

Give up on dieting, just eat healthier foods, whichever you want, in portions that make you full and adjust your exercise routine to balance, with appropriate fat burning supplements if you're comfortable with them. It's easier to lose weight when you're not focused on a diet, the focus on food and small portions convinces your body that starvation is a danger and it should store fat as a safeguard. A focus on physical performance goals is much more effective.

monnanon 13

I agree with that, I hate the idea of diets becuase as soon as I decide to ban foods my mind makes it my mission to have those foods. Dieting dont fit into your life forever but healthy eating does.

barbiiee_fml 0

why ask for help when you can't even help yourself. you should be grateful he actually cares ! loose some weight, its good for you! if he makes those type of comments then I'm sure he won't pass up someone that keeps their weight down.

Elenachka 0

He better "pass up" someone else... he's engaged to marry her, being fully aware of her weight.

he loves you :) and he just cares about you though he's blunt :(

Reynard13 1

He sounds like a fun guy. You should definitely marry him.

monnanon 13

Give him 2 options: 1: He pays for his the meals and you eat something healthier like he wants you to; or 2: You pay for the meals and you get to eat what you want and he eats what you want him to eat...

And at no time you 1) didnt get up to leave, or 2) tell him to **** off then do 1?

SkyHiLyfe_808 0

I see a divorce in your future.

Fat chick is fat. I guarantee he is scoping out fit girls to ****.