Fake news

By sayno - 12/11/2010 11:06 - Switzerland

Today, I went to a coffee shop to meet an online date. I couldn't spot him, so he eventually came up and introduced himself. It seems his on-line picture must have been taken before I was born. I spluttered "This isn't going to work," and promptly scuttled out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 111
You deserved it 11 303

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You could have least gotten an actual free coffee out of him, instead of stealing your coworker's.

Comments

He was dishonest about his appearance; and got you there under false pretenses. He deserves it. However, I hope you learn OP to get to know the person better before you meet them. At least get them to go on webcam, or get them to take a photograph holding a piece of paper with your username on. Just be careful.. just common sense stuff when meeting people from dating sites.

op totally did the right thing by not wasting anyone's time or money here. to those saying she should have given him a chance or sat through the date, I'm curious. when should she have told him she wasn't into lying old men? after the first date? after they'd had sex? after they were in a relationship and she (justifiably, I think) cheated on him? there's never a good time to tell anyone you're not attracted to them, and the date violated any chance they could have had at friendship by being deceitful. at worst, date goes home with a bruised ego but hopefully learns from his mistake. op was right all the way.

edwardo86 0

you should tell him to up date is pictures

alicia_was_here 3

so i guess beggars can be choosers after all :) you still did the right thing, i agree with 184. try getting to know the next person more before you decide to meet up. next time you might not get the chance to just scuttle out. be more careful! hopefully you both learned something from this.

stormzaii 0

I don't think people who date someone from the net qualify as beggars. Seriously.

He should written this FML instead a little bitch like you

YDI for online dating. if you got pressured into it by a friend, then they organised the date with this guy, thats a FML. but if you signed up of your own free will...

hey giv the girl a break! what if he was like 80 yrs old!? I woudnt want to date either gross. :p