Dumbass idea

By Caeru - 21/06/2011 07:08 - United States

Today, my mother tried to tell me that nicotine is the only substance that ensures weight loss, and that nicotine has been passed down in our family for over 5 generations of heavy smoking relatives. Then she encouraged me to start smoking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 185
You deserved it 3 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thats pretty stupid.... I think she needs help.

badmandilon 19

Comments

She'd rather been skinny with cancer than big and healthy? Talk about self-sacrifice. Don't follow in her footsteps when it comes to your weight, OP.

AwesomeNinjazz 3

big people are not always healthy!

sourgirl101 28

True, but sometimes neither are bone thin. Just saying.(:

I'm overweight and happy with it :D I have to admit being too skinny is a much more serious health concern :/ unless you get so big you can't move then it's pretty equal

thisdue1775 0

whoaa what's up with your picture?

shaniecerb 0

no no..im pretty sure there are more overweight-related deaths than underweight

a_nutritionist 10

oh being skinny is a much more serious health concern is it? well, alert everyone, turns out youre one up on the rest of the health community. here we thought they were both pretty bad, but youve solved that one for us.

ReynshineCutting 10

They're equally as bad. Personally I'd rather be 10lbs overweight than a stick any day. Yuck.

gandhislayer 6

Based off of my thorough knowledge of anatomy, there are health risks to being too skinny, such as broken bones the next time 72 sits on you.

sourgirl101 28

"Only the dogs like the bones". (: I'm my perfect weight according to the charts but wouldn't mind being a couple pounds lighter. It's the last few pounds that are the hardest to shed even though I exercise like a demon!!

shaniecerb 0

id rather be underweight than overweight..not hella underweight tho.i am underweight tho.but im fine with how i am now.im so agile and can get into weird positions and i can slide through dense crowds

Most of us are killing ourselves in one way or another. or several.

People should just be happy with their body :b a drastic change in weight can require changing your whole lifestyle...I'd never have the will power to do that, so I just choose to be fine with my physique.

@72 im sorry to tell you that but being fat is worse than having a cancer. Firstly, the appearance (I have been skinny all my life, therefore, I can say that) and squeezing skinny people on the bus because the fat rolls cannot fit onto one chair. Secondly, high blood pressure, increase cholesterol and increased odds of diabetes. Therefore, skinny people win against fat people. Being skinny is not hard, I eat everything I want however, I practice on daily basis. Sorry if this is offensive, however, it is the truth.

OhLohd111 11

SarcasticBitch, sometimes it really is hard for people to lose weight. The diet supplement industry would not be as successful as it is if that weren't the case. There are many people who suffer from health problems before putting on the weight that hinders them from the ability to excersise. My dad for instance. He got shot and the bullet bounced off a crapload of his internal organs. he can still lead a fairly normal life, but exercise is difficult and can become painful. Things aren't always so black-and-white. Sometimes the best thing we can do is accept others for who they are, and not be so obsessed with shallow and immature things like image.

Eiregal 7

i agree, i am overweight but do over an hours excersize a day and have a small apitite but it just wont shift

darkangel4700 0

I'm over weight :( I don't look like I weight as much as I do but I working on it :) and defiantly would rather be over weight 40 pounds (like I am) then anorexic

152 - Good for you. A lot of people might be happier if they had your same attitude..

I'm somewhat underweight but I can't help it. I eat A LOT but I just have a high metabolism.

fthku 13

"being fat is worse than having a cancer" Are you a moron? Go bang your head against the wall and think about what you said.

I don't think nicotine is the only thing she's smoking.

On the upside, she'll die and prove herself wrong, setting the proper example. And please don't smoke. It really will kill you.

A7X_LoVeee 10

Wtf is up with these odd stories in Texas?

AwesomeNinjazz 3
ReynshineCutting 10

I think it's because there are more of us Texans to submit FMLs. Or the mods are having fun changing all the locations lol.

why is it always Alan? who are the other mods?

"Keep Austin Weird" Saw this on a T-shirt, thought it was awesome.

sourgirl101 28

I hope you know better. You mom seems like a lost cause.

By the way, SourGirl, are you going to Mayhem Festival? I think it's going to be amazing :D

perdix 29

Cocaine also works. Both are nice, easy substitutes for self-discipline.

mom2pen 4

don't forget meth, you just have to give up your teeth, hair, skin, but you will be way thin

a_nutritionist 10

has everyone forgotten good old fashioned purging? its quick, cheap and easy. all the taste, none of the calories, how do you lose?

I like just taking a knife and cut the fat off

perdix 29

a_nutrition, I agree about purging except that you get *double* the taste -- once for each time the food passes your tongue. Yum!

flipflop34 0

well that's certainly not good...

what kind of parent is that, she needs counseling