Don't mess with gamers

By bbedlock - 16/04/2011 12:35 - Australia

Today, after receiving the third call this week from teachers about my son falling asleep in class, I decided that it would be a good idea to hide his Xbox controllers. He decided it would be a good idea to hide my diabetes medication. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 628
You deserved it 19 264

Same thing different taste

Top comments

goodfella925 0

**** that, smash that xbox to the side of his head:/

That's bad parenting, plain and simple. Any kid raised right would never dream of pulling a stunt like this, especially when it puts his parents' health at risk. You brought this on yourself. Now it's up to you to set him straight before the nasty behaviour gets worse.

Comments

i imagined you saying this in a yoda voice. just sayin'

Tell him that the Xbox controller is over the side of a large bridge. Hey, anyone who can't stop playing Xbox is probably stupid enough to jump off.

Better beat that boys ass. Apparently he assumes it's ok to get away with that sort of thing. Which is obviously your fault. Hopefully it's not too late to start cutting back on his play time, meaning that he doesn't start actig out more. Like I said though, beat his ass. Take the game away, pawn that shit and get him a bicycle. Kids need to get outside more, and interact with others. Anyway, it's time to get back to some zombie killing on black ops..

minktheshrink 0

I grew up playing video games (I'm 20 now and don't even have a console) but it never got in the way of school. I think video games are great but this sort of thing is BS. parents should beat a living fear into their children. also I have a father who is now 71 and was obsessed with me going "outside to play" when I was younger. that BS is ridiculous. some kids hate the outdoors and that should be acceptable. (I also realize you were probably being sarcastic with going outside but all the same)

A7X_LoVeee 10
4XxXo_OxXx4 0

is what she did really that bad?

emmanizzer 6

not it's really not. i know kids who have teachers call home very often, and, knowing them, they deserve a much harsher punishment than that.

rabid_otaku 29

How the **** is that poor parenting?

It's true that there's a clear lack of discipline involved here, but saying OP deserves it is going too far. People with diabetes can suffer very serious health complications and even die if they don't have their insulin. Yes, they need to teach their kid to behave better, but that doesn't warrant telling them they deserve to suffer for it. Please grow up, 21.

That's bad parenting, plain and simple. Any kid raised right would never dream of pulling a stunt like this, especially when it puts his parents' health at risk. You brought this on yourself. Now it's up to you to set him straight before the nasty behaviour gets worse.

Byah 2

Kids are, believe it or not, free thinkers. There's a point at which you can no longer blame the actions of a child on "bad parenting". At some point, that kid's going to have to take responsibility for his own actions, and it's going to be far sooner than when he becomes a parent. Now, we don't know the age of the child, but if he's old enough to play Xbox, he's old enough to know not to do stupid things. And if he does do them, he's too old to blame it on parenting/society/anyone other than himself.

chevyuser 0

that's not necessarily true. a kid who dreads consequences wouldn't pull a stunt like that

alliewillie 22

^ this. I was raised to respect my parents and while yes - I talked back sometimes, etc - I would never DREAM of something like this. he sounds like he has NO respect for his parents, and has no fear of further consequence. this is the parents fault.

Byah, you couldn't be more wrong...sort of. True, kids are free thinkers. But they learn morals and values from their parents. If the parents don't discipline them and bring them up to be good people, you end up with behaviour like this. Kids who have been brought up right would have enough respect for their parents not to do this kind of nonsense. That said, you are 100% right about taking responsibility for actions.

I agree with you Doc! None of my children would dare hide my medication because they were being punished! OP need to start proper parenting and stop this kids behavior immediately. OP doesn't mention how old the son is; but how would the little hellion like facing attempted murder charges for stealing insulin from his parent and causing a diabetic coma or death?!

leethewrestler 0

I don't really believe that this is the parent's fault. Some children, no matter how they are raised, are dissrespectful. For example, think about murderers. I don't know about y'all, but I don't think every single one of the thousands of murderers was raised wrong.

JordanDempsey 20

"If he's old enough to play Xbox he's old enough to know not to do stupid things." Um...you are aware that there are small children who can play video games? All it takes is basic motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Hardly makes them capable of knowing right from wrong just because they can work an Xbox controller.

You have to realize, 389, that many murderers have severe mental illnesses that impair their ability to determine right from wrong, or render them unable to care if what they do harms people. It's not so much a matter of disrespect as their minds simply being wired wrong.

Rimirilar 0

You need to beat his ass. What child does that to a parent? I don't care if he is 18. Beat the little bastard.

stephy0823 0

agreed XD lol im 14 and I would never pull something like that I don't believe in child abuse it's discipline cause that's how I was raised and I'm a good kid XD she kinda deserved it

thebestof1984 0

How did she "kinda deserved it"??? Nothing you said in that sentence made sense.....

TraceCase_ 19

Your son is the worst. It would be a good idea to spank his face. He should never see the rest of his XBOX again. Just give him the controllers back.

staceysgenesis16 0

hahahahahahahhaahha lmfao .. ur son wins .. well not really i say u should shove those xbx xontrollers up his ass , mayb thatll keep him from falling asleep ..