Do as I say, not as I do

By Gracie - 24/05/2019 12:02

Today, I was having a cigarette in a smoking area when a mother with a pram strode towards me and exaggerated a cough to make some sort of point. Reluctantly, I put it out and walked off. I then turned around to see her lighting up a cigarette, and blowing smoke all over her baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 024
You deserved it 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you're in a smoking area then why didnt you tell her that.

ViviMage 38

In the US you need a permit now for a indoor smoking area, like a bar or a casino. And smoking around children can increase learning disabilities, asthma, ear infections, poor lifelong lung function, lung cancer, heart disease, cataracts, and in general we are moving away from smoking in the same house or car with kids in it because it's so dangerous for their health. The real FYL is that baby's.

Comments

While I don’t agree with smoking, you were in a designated smoking area outside. All you have done is encouraged this woman to keep doing this because nothing except her should “hurt her little snowflake” YDI

If you're in a smoking area then why didnt you tell her that.

ViviMage 38

In the US you need a permit now for a indoor smoking area, like a bar or a casino. And smoking around children can increase learning disabilities, asthma, ear infections, poor lifelong lung function, lung cancer, heart disease, cataracts, and in general we are moving away from smoking in the same house or car with kids in it because it's so dangerous for their health. The real FYL is that baby's.

Mooglefox 23

If she kept on making a fuss about you smoking, you should have told her ass to keep walking

tounces7 27

She probably wasn't exaggerating the cough. That was just her lungs you heard dying from cancer.

I'd have to hear this cough however most smokers have a cough...

jellenwood 35

Poor kid. It’s a FML for them.

Nhayaa 21

It seems she didn't want you to witness her smoking around the baby...

StagGT 13

I think she might been really coughing. On account of smoking cigarettes.

StagGT 13

I think she might been really coughing. On account of smoking cigarettes.