I'm an empath

By S Edhouse - 13/04/2023 22:00 - New Zealand - Wellington

Today, and ever since my wife has gone onto birth control pills for her endometriosis, her time of the month now lasts for three weeks each month out of the four, and on the fourth week she gets pains and doesn't feel like sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 793
You deserved it 219

Same thing different taste

Top comments

angeleyes0724 10

f HER life. As someone who suffered from endo, when I tell you she isn't exaggerating, she's probably not even saying how bad it REALLY is. The only thing that worked for me was stopping my cycle completely.

Poor you, how dares she not feel like sex when in pain!

Comments

I think she needs to go back to her doc or get a new one. that much bleeding isn't normal or healthy.

cpguru24 15

Agree. I had a girlfriend that had this happen. Unfortunately it takes time to get the cocktail right because everybody reacts differently. It took a long time for her and her doctor to get it right but once they did all was fine. There were many versions of the wrong pill after wrong pill. Glad I dont have to deal with being a woman. things like this suck just as much for her as it does for you.

angeleyes0724 10

f HER life. As someone who suffered from endo, when I tell you she isn't exaggerating, she's probably not even saying how bad it REALLY is. The only thing that worked for me was stopping my cycle completely.

Poor you, how dares she not feel like sex when in pain!

My wife had that. Ended up with a partial hysterectomy (left ovaries) to fix it. Opened up the nookie floodgates for sure!

As mentioned, endo sucks big hairy balls. Imagine if you had sharp piercing pain in your testicles and bad cramping (think charley horse cramps) in your groin; I doubt you would want someone touching those areas either. Only thing that helped me was to get rid of my cycle completely as well. Your wife needs to go back to her doctor, and if possible, find a gynecologist who specializes in endometriosis. Either way, she needs to try something else cause this particular birth control isn’t working.

soo here’s an option. take the birth control pills and when you get to the sugar ones, go to the next pack. skip them. she can skip her period for up to 3 months and then just have a normal one by taking the sugar ones. this is something my dr had me do and it was amazing. i suffered for 21 years until i had a hysterectomy. uff da.

Her life sounds like hell, but please whine about your mild inconvenience.

I thought marriage was for through sickness and in health, til death do us part? not for when your body can meet my needs and in my rights I suddenly decide when you want me til I cheat on you cause poor me do us part

Birth control pills don't work for all Endo sufferers. Sometimes it just makes it worse. I speak from 30 odd years if experience and a massive blood clot caused by the drs buggering me about with the combined pill. (The mini pill is safer if you have blood issues) The thing that finally worked for me was the Mirena coil. It thins the lining of the womb to stop egg implantation but, by default, it also lessens Endo. If the pill isn't working for her and she can handle it being put in, have her talk to her gynecologist about that coil. It can work miracles for some. Yes, it's pure hell in a bucket when it's put in but then you don't have to worry about changing it for 4 years. I've been using them for about 20 years now and the only issue I've had is if you hit the wrong angle during sex, the coil stabs you in the top of the uterus. Which is eye watering, to say the least. But being very careful at first and finding the wrong angles and then avoiding them solves that issue. But it's worth it. By all the gods that ever there's been, it's been worth it. Additionally, it's also one of the better HRT options for us more mature ladies. Get your other half to Google it and look into it. She might need a Cauterization before it goes in to clear out the build up (which is what my gyne did) but once it's in it'll keep the build up in far better check than any pill and it doesn't feck up your hormones anywhere near as much. 🫂💋 to your wife.

My sister has endometriosis as well, she takes Lo-estrin fe 24 she takes 21 days of pills then skips the last 7 so she won’t have a period