Crossed wires

By Anonymous - 14/10/2015 12:41 - Canada - Toronto

Today, I got into a minor argument with my fiancé. Deciding it wasn't worth fighting over, I shrugged and said, "Really, what are we even doing this for?" To which he replied, "Honestly, I don't know. I haven't loved you in years… Oh, you meant about the fight." And just like that, I'm now single. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 214
You deserved it 2 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whatarethisss 23

It's better you found out he didn't love you now than after you guys were married.

OP, I'm so genuinely sorry. This is awful. I will say though that it's a good thing you found out what kind of person your fiancé really is before you married him. You will find someone eventually who is really the right one for you!

Comments

mds9986 24

It doesn't always work out in the end. Sorry OP, you will find the right person one day.

Even though your being nice and supportive which is awesome. Thier is a chance she won't find the right person at all owo gotta be truthful

mds9986 24

Yeah apparently telling OP the right person is out there warrants down votes.

I believe the right person is out there for everyone but that doesn't mean that everyone will find their Mr or Mrs right.

lilybadilly25 15

@16.. *You're and *there. Grammar.. It's important.

Well obviously that marriage wasn't meant to happen. They aren't worth your time.

Do you know op? He/She could be a total ass for all we know

One of three things has happened: A. The guy proposed when he doesn't actually love OP - wtf?! B. They have been engaged for years, during which he fell out of love. Did they even plan the wedding? C. OP proposed to him. Unconventional, but not out of the question. Why did he say yes if he's not in love? :/

Well #96 - some people are more scared of hurting others then themselves.

Keep your head up, you will find some one who cares for you!

I love how this stuff gets downvoted, just shows how retarded people on this app are.

OP, I'm so genuinely sorry. This is awful. I will say though that it's a good thing you found out what kind of person your fiancé really is before you married him. You will find someone eventually who is really the right one for you!

Why does everyone default to the OP's side? How do you know she didn't treat him like crap over the last few years? Quit perpetuating sexist stereotypes

Whether that's the case or not, it still doesn't excuse him from deceiving OP for years.

It doesn't mean he was deceiving her. Him staying with her hurt him as well. Maybe he wanted to love her, but just didn't anymore. Those things do happen. You can genuinely care about someone and want to be there for them but not be in love with them anymore

sometimes there's just no good way to end it. my last relationship I was stuck in it because she had nowhere to go. she had no job, closest family was 2000 miles away, if I broke up with her, she would have ended up homeless and starving on the streets

Most likely, the fiancée did not mean that he that he did not love OP, and was just angry that OP did not care about the argument. Of course, I can not side with the fiancée on this one, because breaking up with someone over that is kind of immature, depend on what the fight was about and if it really was a "minor fight".

#68 that's kinda the whole point of the FML: that the fiance was NOT talking about the minor argument, but talking about his opinion on their entire relationship. So yes, if he told her he hasn't loved her in years and expresses surprise that OP was even talking about the argument, it's pretty safe to say his words have little to do with the argument and more with the fact that he hasn't loved her in years.

#28 how in the world was that a "sexist stereotype"?

#45...unless you're in that position you shouldn't be so quick to judge. People stay in long term relationships for all kinds of reasons. It's not always about "leading the other person on."

45, to add another perspective to 52's, I was slightly afraid to dump my first assbag ex because he was a passive-aggressive but vindictive ***** with rich parents whose pweshus widdle angel could do no wrong. I dreaded the kind of retaliation the family might be able to dredge up if I made his jobless ass their responsibility again. Luckily, nothing too horrid happened to me after I finally dumped him, but given the past history, I had good reason to wait until I had a solid way out.

Oh stuff it #28. It's a one sided conversation. We aren't here to speculate. Take the post at face value and offer some support.

Better to be single then stuck with someone that doesn't love you.

I'm sorry op but your obviously better off anyway. I'm sure you will find a man that will love you no matter what.

Redoxx_fml 22

Sometimes honesty is the best policy

As terrible as that is at least it happened before the wedding and not after leaving you to go through a divorce. I wish you the best

whatarethisss 23

It's better you found out he didn't love you now than after you guys were married.

OP doesn't specify if they're a man or woman.

whatarethisss 23

Yes, when OP said, "To which HE replied"

That is awful, but it would have been so much worse finding out after getting married, or worse, having kids. You'll find someone better.