Congratulations

By Anonymous - 16/07/2009 18:46 - United States

Today, while talking on the phone with my long-distance boyfriend, he let me know that he was getting married in August to "some girl" for his papers. After I objected, he told me, "Well, you can marry me if you want." I'm not sure if I just got dumped or proposed to. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 608
You deserved it 5 912

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fxdxhk90 0

He doesn't wanna marry you, he wants to be legalized. You have been dumped, don't fall for his bs proposal.

He's pretty much giving you an ultimatum. Either marry him so he can become a legal resident where you live or he'll marry someone else. FYL cause he should've actually proposed to you (if he didn't) instead of finding someone else to marry. To be honest it seems like he's using you big time. Dump him?

Comments

wtf is everyone's problem? he just wants citizenship... the "you can marry me if you want" was just a joke, but still a valid offer if she's willing to go through with it. Nothing in the original post suggest he was cheating on the OP

themixedt4pe 0

It could also be that he wants to wait to marry her, and doesn't want to rush into anything with her, but has a good reason to become a citizen ASAP. I could be totally wrong, but without knowing the exact situation, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If that's the case though, good luck getting a divorce I guess?

That's insane. Please, dump him. You'll be glad you did!

Well he's sure nonchalant and straightforward. I'd say find someone that wouldn't marry someone else just for citizenship? I feel sorry for you though.

There isn't a word strong enough to express what idiot you are. Long distance relationship is a relationship just like any other, period. I met my own boyfriend nearly a year ago online and I'm visiting him in the US as we speak (my 4 week trip is just about to end). We are committed and in love - the only difference is that we can only see each other a few times a year due to the looong distance.

What kind of stupid relationship is that?

He is probably marrying that other person because he could get his papers faster through her

merry him... ull be the new dharma and greg :P

blondiee09 0

thats a sick way to get citizenship