Catch 22

By kattydoo07 - 29/04/2009 05:06 - United States

Today, I found out I have a restraining order against me from my ex boyfriend. Apparently, I drive by his house too much and it is considered stalking. He forgot that I live 2 houses down, and MUST drive by his house to get home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 783
You deserved it 4 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He must have a high opinion of himself if he thinks you would drive past his house every day just to see him. If you can't drive past his house how are you going to get home?

Comments

Agreed that this is fake. It's not like you can just stroll into the police station and order a restraining order. It's not Burger King, you can't always have it your way. And honestly, be thankful he's your ex. He's a moron anyway.

The police interview anyone a restraining order concerns. That way they KNOW the requirements of said order, and are aware of its existence. This isn't ******* Harry Potter where you can wave a wand and have shit magically appear. Whoever wrote this is a complete moron and a shitty liar. Whoever approved this is probably the same kind of person that watches American Idol and Survivor.

acro_actress95 0

Well I guess now we all now why he's your ex. :oP

ohhhhshizzz 0

Why does everyone feel the need to show how every FML is fake? Dude, we don't care. It's for the funny, and it is-was-no thanks to you losers. The judge wouldn't allow it, blah blah blah. STFU. And the comments are funnier, so just shut up and let the FUNNY comments come too. Oh, and do y'all know where the OP lives? To say it won't happen, didn't think so. -your ex is an idiot.

PYLrulz 17

#14. I agree with that. It sounds fake. I would think that something would be investigated, not unless the law around where this person lives is screwy.

Exactly #16. to hell with the smartasses

samatha_007 0

PPO: probably not, but you never know there could be details left out....

Realistically, if they lived in a more rural area, the distance between houses may be great enough to warrant a restraining order. No one said she lived in a suburban neighbourhood. Also, if this boyfriend wanted to be vindictive enough, he could have recorded her driving by, etc. to prove his case, among other things. Perhaps there are other factors to consider that may be considered 'stalking'. I agree it's very far-fetched, but it is possible. #14: I watch Survivor. I'm not an idiot. and I'd probably approve it too. OP: sorry for your luck, sounds like you've got a shit ex-boyfriend.

Haha y dont u tell him that u live two houses down?