Breakdown

By Gullible - 25/02/2013 06:10 - United States - Cleveland

Today, my boyfriend of three years told me he was thinking about us taking a break. After an hour of crying and him saying it would be okay, I accepted it. When I asked when the break would start, he replied, "What are you talking about? I only said I'd thought about it" and then laughed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 506
You deserved it 7 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Its not very cool or nice of him to let you cry for an hour over this. he sounds like he just wanted to show how in control he is of the relationship. Not acceptable. Maybe you should think about starting the break.

Comments

why would you cry??? You should've just said okay and let him know that you're not going to sit around and wait for him and left it at that. damn OP, I guess we know who the dog of the relationship is coz you're on a tight leash.

perdix 29

Instead of crying, you should have shot back, "Oh, does that mean I'd get to sleep with other guys?" That would shut that "break" shit right down and put you back in the driver's seat.

hellobobismyname 24

It takes being a dick to do that to anyone. No balls required.

I'd leave him. If he keeps thinkin about it why stay? -_-

theidiottrap 2

I would've kicked his ass for that, but it could have been much worse. For example, he could have broken up with you and seconds later told you he wants to get back together in the future and have babies. True story, unfortunately.

isn't that pretty much what he did? A "break" could lead to break up....

theidiottrap 2

If you're talking about what happened to me, no, he just said it to 'let me down gently' -.- it's true that a 'break' could lead to a break up but it could also lead to a stronger bond when it was over.

What an ass to string you along like that and then laugh at the fact that he made you cry. You should have come back and said that you've thought about it and the break sounds like a good idea. In fact, today would be a great day for you to start that break.