Breakdown

By Gullible - 25/02/2013 06:10 - United States - Cleveland

Today, my boyfriend of three years told me he was thinking about us taking a break. After an hour of crying and him saying it would be okay, I accepted it. When I asked when the break would start, he replied, "What are you talking about? I only said I'd thought about it" and then laughed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 506
You deserved it 7 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Its not very cool or nice of him to let you cry for an hour over this. he sounds like he just wanted to show how in control he is of the relationship. Not acceptable. Maybe you should think about starting the break.

Comments

Get out of this relationship. Right now. Don't look back, because worse things are to come.

Listen to 31 OP. I've had my experiences in this kind if relationship before. And once you're in, there's no way of getting back out for a long, long time. And if you get out before you expect or while things are out of control, make sure you know you'll be safe.

KingCeltic77 18

If he gets mad for cheating on him, you can say we were on a break.

OP your BF is a limp dick crank yanking gob weasel. Sext him at his grandmothers funeral.

BunchieRules 31

But wouldn't doing that make her a "limp dick crank yanking gob weasel" as well?

Suggested thing for OP to say: "You know, I've been thinking too and a break sounds like a wonderful idea. How about we start now and finish it when the Sun swells up and engulfs the Earth during its dying stages?"

Now he thinks he has total control over you and the relationship. Show him that he doesn't, don't let him walk all over you.

What does this say about him? A LOT. Don't let this one slide OP. You cried it out and accepted it, so the hard part is over. Find someone who will treat you better!

Him screwing with your head like that is a massive red flag. To me "a break" equals "I want to try someone else but I want you in the hook in case it doesn't work out" Tell him you need to work out your issues together or you are taking a permanent break.

Not always true. When I took a break with my ex it was because he was getting too clingy, possessive, etc. I was hoping the break would help change things a bit. It didn't though. Not everybody takes a break because they want somebody else. If they're like me, it's simply to take a breather or something like that

I'm glad it worked out for you guys. I've never seen that happen personally. All I have seen is people who have already made up their minds & were not forthcoming with their soon to be exes. Best of luck to you guys :)

I think is time for you to tell him that since you have accepted it that you are going to take a break. Why go through all that crying again when he decides for the break.

No decent man would make his girlfriend cry and then laugh about it. I suggest you take a permanent break from this abomination and find someone with a soul.