Breakdown

By Gullible - 25/02/2013 06:10 - United States - Cleveland

Today, my boyfriend of three years told me he was thinking about us taking a break. After an hour of crying and him saying it would be okay, I accepted it. When I asked when the break would start, he replied, "What are you talking about? I only said I'd thought about it" and then laughed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 506
You deserved it 7 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Its not very cool or nice of him to let you cry for an hour over this. he sounds like he just wanted to show how in control he is of the relationship. Not acceptable. Maybe you should think about starting the break.

Comments

Your bf is my hero! His sense of humor and tact are legendary. :)

bellahorse 5

What a little **** tard. You should've said "congratulations, it actually starts now."

So your pain is how he gets his jollies. Now you know. Unless you want more of the same, get out fast, on your terms. Expect him to act hurt and pull the "it was just a joke" excuse. It wasn't a joke; don't fall for it.

Well OP since you've already accepted that the relationship is on a break, the best response would have been "Whether you were kidding or not, I've already accepted that we're on a break now." And then take a break... a break of that kit kat bar! er.. but in all seriousness, I'd take that much needed break from your relationship. Sounds to me that he doesn't appreciate you as he use to. A break might help, or you know, you might find someone better.

BH1126 11

Leave, he's an asshole, leave now.

I would still be worried if I were you. FYL. He's such an ass.

Thr33to16 8

Don't get why the guy is taking yhe hits. You girls tear up at a single notion of splitting up. Ydi

That's horrible! You'd think when you started crying he'd explain!