Bismillah no!

By Anonymous - 27/01/2021 17:06

Today, my dad forbade me from playing or listening to Queen because Freddie Mercury was gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 060
You deserved it 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Looks like you've had your share of sand kicked in your face. You should consider it a challenge before the whole human race, and you'll never lose. You just need to go on and on and on and on!

Mercury wasn't even gay; he was bisexual. He was with Mary Austin for as long as he was with Jim Hutton, and he remained closer to nobody than her even after they ended their romantic relationship.

Comments

Thats his problem...not yours He should know he has no right tell you what artists you shouldn’t listen to

Speaking as a parent, if it's in his home, on his electricity, or on the devices/subscriptions/internet he's paying for then yes, he does have a right to restrict what artists his child listens to, as long as there's a good reason. I definitely won't let my kid listen to things that are extremely graphic or explicit, promote rape, murder or drug use, or that are misogynistic or objectify women. What he doesn't have a right to do is be a homophobic asshole, or to be ridiculously controlling or petty.

mando 10

If the rest of the world raised their kids the way you do, society might be ok, but unfortunately this is not the case. I bet your children are amazing though.

mickymoose1 15

Sounds like your dad needs a lesson in homophobia. It's shocking how homophobia is still so common.

statistically speaking according to studies people who suffer from homophobia are usually closet homosexuals

Looks like you've had your share of sand kicked in your face. You should consider it a challenge before the whole human race, and you'll never lose. You just need to go on and on and on and on!

flagbitch 8

I hope your mom has more sense than your dad does.

coius 23

This is where you get the largest and loudest speaker set you can, crank it to 11, make sure access to it is locked, and blare “Bohemian Rhapsody” on repeat, and maybe throw “Fat-Bottomed Girls” in every few repeats. Fight him by overwhelming him till he caves. If he kicks you out, boomboxes are pretty damn cheap. Blast him from outside.

Warp1978 15

This is why headphones were invented

It sounds to me like there is a bigger issue at play here. Either dad is homophobic (possibly because he has some tendency towards being gay himself) and/or he worries that his son is tending towards being gay. OP, if you are not gay (or have a tendency toward that) then it would avoid some pointless arguments just to avoid playing Queen songs around Dad. On the other hand if you are gay, or still sorting that out, then you are going to eventually have a bigger issue to handle than what music you listen to.

Mercury wasn't even gay; he was bisexual. He was with Mary Austin for as long as he was with Jim Hutton, and he remained closer to nobody than her even after they ended their romantic relationship.

Well, then you shouldn't read the Bible either because King James was gay too.