Be more specific

By readytoamputatemyfeet - 30/06/2013 23:00 - United States - Winter Springs

Today, my shoe fell apart a few minutes after I got to work. I called my boyfriend and asked him to bring me the "pretty black pair" in my closet. What did he bring? Black stilettos. I'm a waitress with an eight-hour shift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 547
You deserved it 32 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I guess if you say 'pretty black pair' it makes your boyfriend think of a shoe like that. Maybe just say 'black pair' next time.

ShadowBox 8

At least they were YOUR stilettos, right?

Comments

As a guy...all you had to say was "the pretty black flats" and I would know that you don't want heels. I mean, he is kind of an idiot for expecting his waitress GF to work wearing heels, but I have known waitresses to work an 8 hour shift in something very close to a stiletto.

actually, my usual school/interview shoes are heels, so in my case saying flats wouldnt work

YDI, your fault for thinking your boyfriend could read your mind on know what you meant by "pretty black pair".

pinguino3669_fml 23

Take it as a compliment, he thinks you look pretty in them! :)

onorexveritas 23

I'm sure those are pretty ;)

sneeze_watch 19

Well, FYL because your boyfriend is too dumb to know that a waitress would not ever wear heels to work. But YDI for thinking a straight man knows anything about lady shoes.

Zero sympathy. He's a guy. You need to be way more specific than that.

Dumb ass should've specified. Men typically need complete details.

Kind of what you get for assuming he would know what you meant. Men generally don't know shoes...nor can they process how stilettos would not be a great choice for a waitress to wear!

He brought you a pair that he thought were pretty and you didn't specify that you wanted flats. Guys don't know shoes and some think women can stand in heels all day. You deserve it for not being specific.