Bad idea

By Not-so-good-gymnast - 27/09/2009 08:35 - Australia

Today, I removed the safety padding from around the trampoline because it seemed useless. This afternoon, I did a backflip, got my hair stuck in the springs, ripped out a chunk of my hair, and face planted it into the brick pavers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 745
You deserved it 80 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cucuto89 0

you went out of your way to remove a safety device that you didn't even think was a hindrance to it at all. YDI 110%

Comments

If you have the kind of intelligence to remove safety devices, by all means, do so. It will help Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection proceed along more quickly.

Damn, plexico, I was going to say that. @OP: YDI for treating the the safety padding like that. How would you like it if you were just minding your own business and doing your job when some idiot came along and decided to remove you for being useless? Clearly, the trampoline was trying to teach you a lesson.

I smell a Darwin award. =) I'm hoping you know what those are, Plex, because it goes along with your comment.

I sure do, pixie, and I cracked up when you say you "smelled" a Darwin award because my favorite one of all time is the one about the German zookeeper with the constipated elephant. That one really smelled. ;)

Haha. YES! I love that one! It makes me laugh everytime.

_THE_MASTER_ 0

lolz was that the guy who was suffocated and crushed my like, a half ton of elephant shit or something? It's always heartwarming to hear about people Darwining themselves into their own demise. this FML would've been better if her neck snapped. Just remember, OP, the child safety caps on the Drain-O is just to keep those bastard kids from drinking the delicious soda inside. You can certainly get it open. drink up.

When reading this all I could think of was ouch! At least your leg didn't go in btwn the springs. I think that was another FML.

Amysbodybetrayal 0

I'd keep the padding on just to make it easier to climb on! It's very painful to climb on the metal springs when it's hot outside.

arisaurus 0

wow,that was stupid.YDI.if i had been there,id be laughing at you.nice one.

See, it took effort and time to take that thing off, and there was just no reason to do so. It wasn´t in your way, nor was it at all harmful. I´m figuring your train of thought must have been approximately: ¨Hey, I think I´m going to take this thing off, even though that´ll take tons of time and effort, and it won´t do me any good to take it off.¨ That´s the kind of thinking that gets people killed, so you´re the lucky one.

lmao and u said ut was useless?!?! omg I would have fainted... lmao!!!

just because its useless doesnt mean you gotta get rid of it YDI big time.

YDI. Why does it seem every FML from Australia is epic fail?

conartist66 0

Australia is a continent of FAIL

Hahaha I should probably stick up for my country (and state :P) but that's funny.

"I removed safety devices and got hurt FML"