Awwww

By ljjprchf - 13/12/2009 01:29 - Australia

Today, I asked my kids how much they loved me. My seven year-old responded, 'I'll love you forever mummy.' My sixteen year-old responded, 'Can you wind down the window, I just farted.' FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 213
You deserved it 13 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I_Own_Ubers 0

haha I guess i only find that funny cos I am 16, hardly an fml, more like my life is perfect cos my child has a wonderful sense of humour

Comments

You asked a sixteen year old "how much do you love me?"?? The response is really not that surprising. Teenagers often don't go in for the whole lovey-dovey-feelings type thing.

blland 0

any normal person will simply go with "oh hell... what does she want from me this time"

bittersweets 2

Yeah, more like an "my life is normal"!

I'm not that far off from 16 and I still joke with my mom saying ill send her to a nursery home when I'm older. She laughs with us because she knows it's not true.

I always love to tell my mom I love her. And she always tells me back. But I was raised to be all lovey- dovey I guess.

AndelleRae 9

Hey, that IS love. If he/she didn't love you, he/she would have just ignored you and let the smell slowly waft up to you and make you gag. Read between the lines, my friend. :)

What a question, you sound a bit needy and insecure...

Emilee101 0

you really sound quite insecure.

This isn't really an FML. You were ASKING your kids how much they loved you (which, in itself, is rather odd...seems like fishing for compliments). Your seven year old responded in a very sweet way. Your sixteen year old either didn't hear you, was embarrassed by the question, or was distracted by the fact that he just farted. None of these scenarios includes your children not loving you.

Just like in real fishing, when you fish for compliments, you're bound to reel in stuff you really don't want.

hayleyukulele 0

Dont take it to heart. This is what teenagers are like. We cant help it. Ofcourse he loves you

Yes, because obviously every member of a certain age group acts like this.

It's just generally considered teenagers want to be 'cool' and not be all lovey-dovey. BTW, I'm getting real sick of your 'age discrimination' shit. No one needed to hear it and you've posted it twice. No one's really even said anything that bad about teenagers, so really you just want to whine.