Are you listening?

By littlemissignored - 02/09/2009 19:17 - United States

Today, I was having lunch with my boyfriend and talking about how stressed out I've been because of my job. While I'm speaking, he pulls out his phone and says his boss is texting him and it was important. There was a game of Tetris reflecting onto his glasses from his phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 820
You deserved it 7 129

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FYL for dating someone who doesn't play Pacman instead.

Glasses, tetris, and a lame ass dick lie. Yup, sounds like a nerd waiting to be dumped to me.

Comments

ragglefraggle 2

YDI, us guys can't be your emotional pillow ALL the time. >_> Unless it's a recurring problem, in which you should start nagging him.

YDI for not learning to recognize when people don't feel like listening to you complain your shitty life.

#70, You will understand once you get a girlfriend. All in good time, little boy.

Funny...I'm a girl. I hate it when other people whine, NOBODY wants to listen to that shit.

fluffyhead0098 0

I dont necessarily agree with all these other comments, boyfriends are suppose to be there for you. >> Maybe you were annoying him but honestly, he shouldn;t have lied.

Agreed! Just saying "Hey babe, I would rather enjoy my lunch than talk about your work problems now...let's talk about it later okay?" is a lot less rude than lying to her.

'OMG I'm dating a douche-bag! My life sucks!' There. I just summed up 50% of FML posts.

"OMG My life sucks and i feel the need to bolster my self esteem by being a sardonic arsehole on the internet" There. I just summed up 50% of FML comments.

mcsnelly 5

OH MY GOD! She does NOT deserve it because she was talking about her stressful work situation!!! She was talking about her life and her feelings to a confidant--that does not mean she's a boring, complaining bitch all the time and should shut up or be ignored! All you people are seeing is that she was venting to her boyfriend and she's a woman so apparently that automatically means she's boring. NO. She had a problem, she wanted to vent about it, her boyfriend should have supported her, AT LEAST listened to her.

Look I have one tip for you and that is if you want to complain about something, the only ones who'll take it seriously are your parents. People get really annoyed when they are being the vent, and I personally hate it when people whine to me about their day. What do they expect ME to do?! So suck it up and act like an adult already.

I beg to differ. Sometimes parents are the ones that take you the least seriously. Sometimes you talk with your friends about problems because you want to know if it's right for you to feel a certain way, and sometimes, you just need someone to listen to you and you can feel better. If you don't understand this, I don't think you have any real friends.

mcsnelly 5

#79 is definitely right! I think you'd have to be a little too full of yourself and not care enough about your friends/significant other to not be considerate enough to at least LISTEN to them talk when they have a problem! Isn't that one thing that friends/relationships are for?! They're there to help you when you need it (and vice versa). If it's too much for you to just LISTEN to someone else talk for awhile, you're apparently not a good friend/BF/GF.

Actually, I encourage my friends to vent at me. Sometimes it's annoying, but since I know what it's like to have nobody to rant at, I'd like them to know they have someone. Listening... I likes to do it. Responding, though, is a whole nother matter... I fail at responding, sometimes.

mcsnelly 5

I agree, sometimes you just don't know what to say! But, most of the time, even just having someone who listens to them is enough to make them feel better. Sometimes, though, they do want advice and the person listening doesn't know what to say, but that's okay, too. Just encourage them in what they're doing and let them know they can get through whatever.

Ritika 0

OMG boyfriend are ment to be there for you and he should listen.