By hopeless - 14/02/2015 20:04 - Canada - Halifax

Today, my girlfriend berated me for my "lack of communication skills", all while deeply engrossed with something on her phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 737
You deserved it 2 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She was talking about your lack of different communication skills. You should learn smoke signals, sign language and rapid text speak. If you really want to impress her I advise learning how to use the beacons of gondor. Bitches love the beacons of gondor.

Eye contact and communication go hand-in-hand, but phones also go in hands.

Comments

its only a matter of time til they release the Samsung S-1000

Eye contact and communication go hand-in-hand, but phones also go in hands.

Re evaluate yourself then. I'm not saying she's right, but she might be. So prove her wrong

She was talking about your lack of different communication skills. You should learn smoke signals, sign language and rapid text speak. If you really want to impress her I advise learning how to use the beacons of gondor. Bitches love the beacons of gondor.

Can't forget Morse code. That one definitely gets me all hot and bothered.

I knew the Morse code part of my phone's flashlight app would come in handy!

Cats and morse code? I would ask you to marry me, but I'm already married. Unless I can interest you in mormonism?

hobbs96 26

The reason I hate smart phones. Where has our generation gone? Completely engrossed into the Internet.

Attacksloth 33

No offense, but that happens with every big lifestyle-changing innovation. Just look at when newspapers became big in nineteenth century Europe. People loved them. You'd have a few people saying that newspapers could corrupt the masses, but look what that and the telegraph and the car and the airplane and the wheel did for everyone. Of course wheels can be used in tank treads. Newspapers can disseminate lies. Telegraphs can make war more efficient. Airplanes can drop bombs. Internet can kill precious time and dumb people down. Is it really that helpful to think of new technology in such a cynical way, though? These inventions have amazing potential. Some good, some bad. That goes for anything. A sprinkle donut is bad because I can potentially choke on it. As an individual consumer, use the technology however you see fit, or don't use it. Use it for good, ignore the way others use it.

Wow 23, that was so well written! I wish I could just copy this reply and show it anytime anyone comments on the evil's of technology. There always bad with the good. Personally, I absolutely love what Internet has done for learning. It makes research for assignments or work insanely easier than having to go to the library every time, it also allows you to find answer to any question in seconds, and you have an entire dictionary in your palm. I cringe when I hear my mom talk about how she used to have to go to the library (which wasn't always open and always easily accessible) and take out encyclopedia's (which every other student in her school also wanted) for research for any assignment.

Time to look for a less hypocritical and self-involved girl.

Smart phones cause distractions that never were before. Just politely ask her to put it down and talk to you.

I can't stand being yelled at while someone is doing something else. If you are going to yell it should be given your attention.