What is wrong with you?

By HouseWife - 21/05/2014 02:24 - United States - Valley Park

Today, I had to take my daughter home from school because she had been caught flashing the boys during class. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't an appropriate way to act or behave but she interrupted me, "Mom, you don't even understand." You're right. I don't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 372
You deserved it 6 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ScarredFlame 17

why would she do such a thing?!

Comments

ScarredFlame 17

why would she do such a thing?!

no idea but OP needs to find out. this is weird, and you need to make her talk about whats going on with her. ive never seen/heard anything like this before. good luck

#48, the boys in OP's daughter's class probably hadn't seen anything like that before, either. :D

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Flashing was created in this generation?

cryssycakesx3 22

I think it depends on the age. if she's really young, to her it's probably just cute and funny. if she's a little older it might be sexual, which would be more alarming.

ScarredFlame 17

True. You're right. I don't understand. In fact, there are a lot of things I don't understand in this world. Human nature for example. We are ****** up. We kill each other over religion and oil. Send people to die. Back to the original "you don't even understand", I know that, yes its her body, she can do whatever she wants with it. I of course know I'm being a judgemental asshole but frankly... I wouldn't say I have much respect for 'strippers'. Ehh just ignore this..I'm just being an asshole, like everyone else. Why should you care?

lakaiskate 12

Why would sexuality be alarming?

cryssycakesx3 22

it'd be alarming in the middle of class, to a group of boys.

RedPillSucks 31

Overt sexuality when used inappropriately in children can be alarming. There are all sorts of things that could be wrong. You can't really talk about sexuality without understanding the context.

aruam365 24

I'm not saying this is why she is doing that but victims of sexual abuse have been known to act inappropriately, like acting in an overly sexualized manner. I hope that isn't why but you need to further look into why she's doing that, before she does something that's actually dangerous to her health like contracting an STD or worse.

god I'm glad I don't have kids. (Yet)

This is a very valuable comment. OP needs to try to figure out why her daughter is behaving the way she is by asking/talking to her in a non-confrontational, understanding manner, rather than assuming that this is something she is doing in order to upset her mother. OP has made this all about herself.

sempisaviour 17

She's the reincarnated Marilyn Monroe!

Common she waas just trying to to flash her BIOS since its pretty old. Of course you won't understand

It's funny how you guys are analyzing this, Occum's Razor would suggest she's just a ****.

Oh you don't even know.. I had to sit by this girl in middle school who always told us she was gonna go to college to be a stripper. Needless to say, she is currently pregnant in high school.

cryssycakesx3 22

when I was probably about 4, I said I wanted to dance naked on tables. I even had one of those child sized picnic tables that I would dance on.

RedPillSucks 31

Not sure why you're getting thumbed down for recounting a memory at 4 years of age.

Probably because the mental image of a little kid strip dancing on a picnic table is disturbing as all hell.

TcheQ 12

What a narrow minded misogynist comment

pazuzus_intern 10

#130 I'm sorry but what the hell are you talking about?

sempisaviour 17

#28! LOL!!! You had me dying right there...

Durantye 8

Don't mind them, they are just one of those people that shout misogyny at everything they can.

That's the most important question: Is she a little child or already a teenager?

I'm going to have to go with she's in the pubescent stage. Due to the fact, in my experience young girls with nothing to show, aren't normally offering up to to show. With that being said, if that is the case, mannn in my house there would been no trying to explain that's wrong because I would have already been taught that lesson long ago. That would have been enough cause for me to experience the good old wrath of foot inserted in ass. Before anyone says you should never touch your child, I agree to extent because I've had my fair share of times with the spoon, so to speak. However, sometimes it's necessary, especially given the fact the child had the audacity to even try to interrupt, let alone with that being the esponse. Boy I tell you, if I tried to reply with anything but "Yes mom, I'm sorry", let alone rudeness. Haha, my mom would be, "Oh I don't understand, smack!, you seemed not understand my daughter is a lady and will not act like a hootchy, smack". I tell you what, while I had my fair share of trouble in other areas, always conducted myself as a lady in public because I raised to do so, but I also have respect for myself. I know my worth. You gotta buy VIP tickets to see this show ; )

27 while I didn't read your whole book I have to disagree as I spent a lot of playground time playing doctor.

I give you thumbs up!! Values are being lost and sadly they won't be coming back so easily.

Ok, I do apologize for it being a novel lol. But I think you're missing my point so here comes the never been released, part 2. I'm not talking about little girls at age 7, bc even though I was still taught this then, I too played doctor with my neighbor. I'm taking about 12ish, around 7th grade and up, when for the most part puberty starts. By then they already know that behavior is unacceptable. All I'm saying is, if mom got a call from school or any adult that I was flashing at that age, I wouldn't be able to sit for a week, make it two if I'd tried to reply with that. Ladies acting decently should be known before puberty hits. Believe me, I hated it when I was little bc I was a tomboy and would get so pissed that I couldn't sit comfy with my legs spread out like my brothers. Alias the curse of being female. And there you have it folks, the sequel to original lengthy novel. Be sure to preorder your own copy before it hits the shelves! Even comes with a picture to hang of Miley Cyrus, the poster child for how not behave as a girl.

smc3106 25

@Cryptic- You're probably getting thumbed down by all the 12 year olds on here. Lol. Thumbs up from me though. Not just girls, but all kids should know how to act after a certain age.

No, she is getting thumbed down because she is acting like a judge mental, sexist asshole. Yeah it's wrong the child did that but practically saying the parent isn't a good parent because of it? We don't have a full story of how she was punished and don't even get me started on 'acting ladylike' and such

tazmanmike2013 17

I see you have a lot of down votes for your comments but I agree with you. My parents beat my ass too, and I'm a better person for it. They were NOT abusive, it was a form of punishment, of which I was scared of. This fear, combined with other parenting methods, made me act right. We also had corporal punishment in school. Our principal would show us the paddle at the beginning of the year, guess what, we didn't have problems in school like any kids do today. I'm sure people will down vote the hell out of this comment too, but I dare anyone to look at trouble kids get into today and compare it to the trouble kids got into 20 to 40 years ago and you'll find that we were way better behaved back then.

@64: OMG I'm calling cps! Shame on your parents for raising you correctly!

64, while yes I agree to some extent that the kids today behave worse than they did, say 20 years ago, it has nothing to do with getting spanked, paddled, or any physical punishment. I'm 20 right now, never been spanked in my life and I don't go around causing trouble and I have plenty of friends who were never spanked and they don't cause trouble either. Same with my younger cousins. It all has to do with discipline, which is something parents are afraid to do these days. Whenever I got in trouble, I was grounded, and believe it worked. I HATED it. You just gotta find out what works right for the child and stick with it. If you don't stick with your punishment, the child will never learn to listen. It's all about the discipline, which doesn't have to even be a specific form, just as long as you're consistent and firm with it. Sorry for the long post, just something I feel strongly about.

it does have to do with getting spanked in my case. not only was I raised by good parents, but they rarely had to spank me, because when they did, I listened right away. the spank never hurt, BUT it did scare me as a child and it hurt my feelings more than my body. I know that you don't have to be spanked as a child to be a good person, but since they made it a law that you can't spank your kids, I have noticed just how shitty kids are these days,and just how badly they treat people, even their parents. I have personally seen some parents that do EVERYthing in their power to make their child behave (even at a very young age) and they won't listen unless they get a spanking, because they know they can get away with it if they do it long enough. eventually the parents give up because its illegal to spank your children just to give them a good scare, so they don't do it.

Since when is it illegal to spank your child? And honestly, I have never seen a child who cannot be controlled without spanking. I'm majoring in early childhood education and every single professor and teacher I have had for it, talks about the negative aspects of spanking your child and they all can be avoided. when I was grounded, tv, computer time, hanging out with friends, and when I got older, cell phone were all taken away. That worked for me. Its all about finding what works for your child and there's always a different method than spanking. if someone wants to spank their kid, I don't personally agree with it, but I'm not going to judge them for it, I'm just saying it's not the only option

No one can recognize sarcasm anymore....

RedPillSucks 31

Discipline really should be based on the child. Some kids only need a strong talking to, other kids need physical discipline, while on some, the physical stuff wont work at all, and you need to do something like grounding or removing privileges. Being a good parent involves figuring out what form works for each child and being consistent with it.

I doubt it. Just better at not getting caught.

we'll I have to say a lot of bad behavior is caused by kids getting away with all the shit they pull. I would say those values have been lost in time itself, due to the fact that this generations parents didn't like getting beaten and they think their kids should get beaten, which proves that they are nice because they learned how to treat people with respect from a. young age, do not claim that beating a child is not necessary because sometime you have no other choice. not every child needs to be beaten, but some more then others

"I'm a better person for it." No you're not.

I think the issue isn't just the physical aspect of punishment. When I compare myself (born in 1994) to my sister (born in 2007), it seems to be that my parents are more distracted and not focusing enough on her behavior like they did with me. My mother is a facebook and mobile game addict. She is so tied up in those things that she doesn't respond to bad behaviors. She ignores my sister putting her head in the dog's mouth till she eventually gets bit. She ignores my sister biting and kicking me. She ignores my sister running off with other people's things and often breaking them or leaving them in some sort of disarray. My dad has work and can't be responsible for punishing her all the time. However, my mother refuses to react unless it disrupts her own activities. There seems to be more distractions from parenting than there used to be. I knew that the moment I did anything wrong I would be in for it. My sister doesn't get that feeling.

I agree with 103. I personally believe in spanking as I was spanked as a child and found it worked well for us. However I think it depends on the kid. Some kids don't need spankings much, or at all, because they will respond to things like time outs. Then there are those kids, and there are a lot of them, who do not respond to things like time outs or toys taken away, and will only respond to spankings. A lot of children realize I can get off this time out and there's not much you're going to do, however if they realize If I get off this time out I will be spanked, then they respond better too. Some kids don't need it, but unfortunately a lot of kids do need it and it's not being done.

#55 aren't you judging her? What's wrong with supporting values? Do you not have any? I suppose you also believe that there are no absolute truths...

Guess I am but it makes me mad when people start claiming others are a bad parent just because a child makes a mistake or they don't do what they would have done and there's a difference between values and wanting everyone to go back to the vast differences. Women have fought and sometimes still have to deal with sexism, we shouldn't have to be expected to act "ladylike", aka keep our mouths shut and wear dresses. Yeah we shouldn't flash people but she isn't just talking about that. We don't know the age or the punishment of the child, but mostly what angered me was the fact she seems to want to go back on everything people have fought for and once again restrict women.

I wouldn't necessarily say way better behaved...I'd say the thinking of society has changed A LOT in the past 20 or so years

The idea of spanking is what scares most children because they are figuring out their boundaries of what they can get away with and what they can not.

So we can buy our way into your pants?

Number 27, I don't know why you have so many thumbs down. I do try to discipline my little sister without spanking her, especially since she'll be in middle school next year. I try to talk, give time outs, explain why, etc. but her attitude just excels. One good smack is all it takes. THEN explaining works. My older relatives got spanked when they were little, especially with all sorts of random objects, and they're much more decent than those who grow up getting away with everything.

triplebeerox 27

I'm curious to know how old she is...

based on the fact that she had to take her home from school id say she has to be younger than 15 or 16. otherwise they could have drove home

Most high schools require a parent or legal guardian to pick up a child from school unless said child is emancipated. At my high school, even if the student was 18, they still needed a parent.

Also, not every child has a car to drive home in.

Unless they don't yet have their license. A lot of people don't get their license until after sixteen you know.

You're not the only one who doesn't understand

Oh I'd love to hear to try to explain it to her mom. Try to get her to "understand".

lexiieeex3 32

This desperately needs a follow up.

crazytwinsmom 25

How old is the daughter? Scary at any young age.

badluckalex 23

I love that new sound it makes when you like a comment :D

Wizardo 33

For the love of **** don't import stupid YouTube comments to this sacred haven, you cur.

The bad behavior, and disrespect by interupting you are good reasons for some discipline. Ground her until she understands.

crazytwinsmom 25

Which could be until she's an adult. Close enough.

cryssycakesx3 22

"you're so grounded you don't even understand"