Unusual method

By Anonymous - 08/06/2009 13:49 - United States

Today, my friend was having a party. It was going good until I got the hiccups really bad, and they wouldn't go away. My friend decided to scare them away by shooting a pellet gun right next to my head. Bad news: It blew out my eardrum. I still have the hiccups. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 906
You deserved it 5 160

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

imthaese 0

To Get rid of your hiccups... close your eyes and draw an elephant in your head... it works!

Listen to #20! Seriously, there is NO cure. How on Earth would mustard/sugar do ANYTHING for a muscle? That's like saying that eating will heal a dislocated shoulder. You just tell yourself that the antics are working and eventually they stop, so people assume that it helped when, in reality, they only convinved themselves that whatever they did worked. Like bloodletting in the middle ages.... #30 is right with water upside down. Don't try it at home....

lifeasweknewit 0
UGADawg08 1

There sure are a lot of idiotic holistic remedies that morons on the internet suggest. None of them work. Don't bother. If you're not a dumbass, and you think about it medically, the only real solution is to stretch your diaphragm, and therefore relieve the muscle spasms that are causing the hiccups. The only good way I've found to do this is to take a very deep breath, hold it for ten seconds. Don't release the breath. After holding it, you need to draw in even more air, pushing your diaphragm to its limit. Keep holding it - ten more seconds. Try to suck in one last tiny bit of air. Hold that for ten more seconds. At that point, your diaphragm is as relaxed as it can possibly be. Stretching resets a muscle - relieves spasms. This is no different for the diaphragm muscle. Hiccups are just another form of muscle spasm - just like when your bicep twitches when you haven't stretched it in a while.

maybe something less drastic next time!

DarkMirror 0

"My friend decided to scare them away by shooting a pellet gun right next to my head." ............ You people are the reason we have the "Don't use in the shower" labels on hairdryers.

Sometimes if you do something to change your breathing pattern like 29 said it can stop the hiccups.

Hold your breath and swallow four times. It works every time.