Unrequited

By GianniJonas - 18/06/2021 10:56

Today, after spending $300 on a plane ticket, roses, chocolate-coated strawberries to surprise the girl I’m in love with, she still won’t see me as more than a friend, due to her trust issues from her past relationships. She thinks I’ll hurt her like they did and "ruin the friendship." FML
I agree, your life sucks 443
You deserved it 1 075

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to be harsh but she doesn't want to be with you. This isn't about her trust issues, or any other reason she gives in an effort to let you down gently. She has already told you she doesn't want to be with you and then you turn up out of the blue with flowers and strawberries. That is not romantic that is terrifying! We have too many romantic films that tell us people need to be 'won over', or that people say 'no' but really they mean 'yes but you need to try harder'. That is not real life. Go home and think about whether you are happy to always just be friends with this woman or if ending contact is the best thing. And next time somebody says 'no', believe them.

Women often don't feel safe giving a flat "no". They'll give excuses -- which may turn out to be false as soon as she's dating someone else -- because they don't know which men are unsafe to turn down. If you're continuing to press for a relationship after she has already turned you down, then you have given her more than enough reason to mistrust you. Stop scaring her. Just be her friend or go away.

Comments

Ah yes, everyone knows that if you put enough coins in the friendship slot sex falls out. "Friendzone" isn't bad, its all your creepy make friends thinking potentially getting laid is all your friendship is worth.

She made herself clear. You have a choice. Accept that you'll never be more than a friend or **** off.