Undervalued

By Franco - 10/04/2009 14:07 - United States

Today, I was sent to an elementary school for safety day. One of the dads was asking about my job, when I told him about the long hours and high stress involved. He turned to his son and said, "Now see why you stay in school?" I'm a paramedic. With a bachelor's degree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 045
You deserved it 3 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks man. I always wanted to be a Paramedic when I was a kid. I think you guys do great work. **** this ignorant guy.

balanceMMX 0

not really a FML... it just wasn't explained enough for the dad to know what you were talking about. we're all thankful for your hard work as a paramedic, though- thank you

Comments

chicabonita5683 0

The guy was probably a daddy-made millionaire who sits on his butt all day. Not that your job definitely doesn't have its stresses, definitely more than I could handle, but the average job does. Four years or not. I am going into teaching and it's high stress. Unless you put papers off for a month before getting them back and all that, you take stuff home, you deal with parents...it's a four year degree with long hours and stress (again, not in comparison to yours; just making the staying in school can still land you stress theme). Even if I became a professor or a doctor, there are still pressures--that's part of the world. I would say long hours and stress are more likely to come with jobs that take degrees than not. I mean, there is a lot less stress in "Welcome to Wal-Mart" and "would you like fries with that" and a lot more set hours than there is with a degree... this guy was obviously a complete idiot.

alejandreezy 0

thanks for all your hard work! **** that ignorant ass

pyrogirl6622 0

If you ever have to work on him remind him of that while working on him. Lol pay back is a bitch go for it

Gabby15410 0

You should have confronted him and sead what loser job do you have hmm I have a bachelors degree you b

Ahh, EMS. The bastard-child of emergency services. I feel your pain. I worked my way from a first responder all the way to paramedic. Long hours, bad back and low pay. Would I give it up? Never. Hang your head high and realize how many lives you have touched and saved.

Dam that is awful. I'm currently competing my bachelor degree for paramedics, although I don't care what the hours are, can't wait to be our there

You should say " yeah it's hard saving peoples lives all day, but I like it"

my mom. amd dad are both paramedics and are the best people. it is very stressed filled but you always have family to go back to. most people dont know all the hard work that you all put in to protect them and the community.

You Idiot. The dad was listening and told his son why he should stay in school. So he could grow up to be successful ( Like a Paramedic). Not to offend you.