Undervalued

By Franco - 10/04/2009 14:07 - United States

Today, I was sent to an elementary school for safety day. One of the dads was asking about my job, when I told him about the long hours and high stress involved. He turned to his son and said, "Now see why you stay in school?" I'm a paramedic. With a bachelor's degree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 045
You deserved it 3 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks man. I always wanted to be a Paramedic when I was a kid. I think you guys do great work. **** this ignorant guy.

balanceMMX 0

not really a FML... it just wasn't explained enough for the dad to know what you were talking about. we're all thankful for your hard work as a paramedic, though- thank you

Comments

Umm no offense but are you stupid?? He was complimenting you and telling his son to stay in school so he could get a good job like you! This isn't even an "FML"

Are you stupid?? This isn't even an "FML". He was complimenting you and telling his son to stay in school so he could get a good job like yours

maybe you should've broken a desk over his legs and then demonstrated how to set a broken bone?

Push him into traffic. Then save him while his kid watches. Then maybe he'll show some damn respect.

Floatout2sea 0

You're a paramedic and you took time out of your day to volunteer with kids, when you could have been home catching up on sleep - he should be WAY more appreciative! God bless and thanks for all the great work you do!

he prob meant that in a good way... he was telling his son to stay in school so he can hav a good job like you have

That dad is a dick for saying that in front of you. Not to mention an idiot. Your line of work is great keep it up

You deserved that - stop complaining about how crap your life is to strangers, whether it be at your son’s school or on this forum and they might be more likely to revere your life decisions rather than pity you.

KmSweets18 0

uhm chrite? screw you! im training to be in that line of work,and it takes guts and skills. and it does take alot of strain and stress to deal with everything in one day. you deal with babies dying, healthy kids being shot for no reason, parents who have to deal with the fact that youre helping their baby after they got hit by a drunk driver, and also having to help a drunk driver who only has a broken arm after he killed 4 young kids... so i suggest you shut your mouth. this person has every right to be offended. that dad was a jack ass.

Lol wtf, stupid guy-dad person. You have an awesome job, don't listen to him.