Truthbomb

By antwhite1987 - 08/05/2016 17:30 - United States - Chicago

Today, my 5 year-old daughter saw me getting ready to sit down in a fold-out camp chair, and told me, with a big smile on her face, "Daddy, you're too fat to sit in that chair. You'll break it with your big butt." Out of the mouths of babes, I guess. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 387
You deserved it 1 433

Same thing different taste

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Ah yes, hit your child for being honest. You sound like you'd make a stellar parent.....

In my opinion, it wasn't even very rude. It was just honest.

I'm all for spanking your kids, but this is not a spankable offense. The kid called it as they saw it.

That's not something deserving of a spanking. She just needs to be taught that it's not nice to call people fat.

People like you are so lazy, you can never be bothered to explain to them why something is wrong more than once so you just spank them. Just learn to talk to your child you lazy shit.

MidnaLink or #1 or whatever is probably just a troll that wanted to get some attention.

Trust me when I say, If I were I'd be doing this A LOT.

Idiot_Penguini 7

What if it wasn't honest? Would you still hit her?

It's not about honesty for **** sake. It's about the fact that she's basically rude as hell and smiled while saying it. I don't need to explain myself to you people.

404wan 19

She's 5, she probably smiled because she had no ill intentions and didnt know she said something hurtful. If your response to that is violence you need some therapy man.

I don't know why you think kids can't lie easily. I've spent 17 years working with children between the ages of 1 and 19 and they have all lied extensively and easily (well, the ones that could talk). They lie. A lot. They just don't lie well.

That must be a poorly made chair...

Well listen to your daughter! Stop feeling sorry that she said the truth! Do something about it instead

Attacksloth 33

Your wife must like big butts, and she cannot lie.

setenta_e_quatro 8

Nah she's not lying. Just being brutally honest as only little kids can be.

Hey everyone, OP here. In answer to your question, no she isn't lying. I am of a fairly large stature. I'm 6'6" and 300lbs+, and the chair wasn't made for someone my size. It belongs to my parents and they're significantly smaller than me. I also did not spank her. While I'm not against well deserved spankings, all I did here was tell her that that wasn't a nice thing to say, especially to me lol. Shes 5, and has yet to develop a filter, so I'm just rolling with the punches so to speak, and trying to teach her the best I can.

I know she's just a kid, but she's right. You might want to look into shedding some weight so you can be around for her longer. I'm not trying to be mean here, but it's true.

Steve97 32

Or maybe take it as a sign to get healthier OP?

If op is pretty muscular, 300 lbs at 6'6 is possible to be healthy. My freshman gym teacher was super healthy and he was about 6'8 and 300ish.

Really tall with a big body - sounds hot;-) no disrespect at all, take it as a compliment - some big guys look really good with some extra pounds