By NotAPrincess - 12/05/2015 16:38 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while waitressing, I served a family with a little girl who was wearing a Frozen shirt. I told her I'm friends with Elsa and that she taught me to sing. The girl asked me to sing a song, so I did. Not even 5 seconds in, she started bawling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 289
You deserved it 12 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How could you lie to a little girl like that?! No wonder she started crying! I can't believe you, smh.

kred 21

Here comes the "let it go" puns

Comments

Jealous of how beautiful your voice was?

You could've just said you were a friend of Elsa, but you shouldn't have sung unless you could sing.

Maybe OP is one of those people that think they can sing, but really can't. Now OP's dreams of becoming a singing superstar have been dashed by a little girl.

Better now than in American Idol where OP's soul would be crushed with disappointment. In front of SO many people, tsk.

imkool136 22

I think that little girl should learn to let things go.. Get it?!? No? Ok:(

LostInTheZone11 29

I found this rather funny since I despise Frozen with a passion.

I've only seen bits and pieces of it, but it's neither bad nor incredible. I assume you hate it because of the same fanatic fandom that has ruined sports, comic books, video games, anime, and religion.

LostInTheZone11 29

#34 And that's only the tip of the iceberg. You really don't want to see what I wish would happen to Elsa. But I guess I will. I wish Elsa would get taken out by a massive volcanic eruption covering her in molten lava. #38 I saw the whole movie and I agree with you. The animation was amazing as expected from Disney. The plot felt like I was watching Poseidon (06 remake). It felt way too rushed for what they were trying to get out of it. The twist with Hans was lame and derailed the movie's common sense and logic trains. And then I had to endure listening to the $#!&&y soundtrack countless times at my ex-job because of how popular the stupid film was. Looking back on it there are way too many plot holes and cliches that don't work in the movie's favor.

No offence, but the people that hate Frozen only hate it because of how much other people like it and how overplayed the songs were. Whenever something is liked that much and there's a lot of hype and overplayed songs, it causes people to detest it. In reality, the movie was great for a kids movie. It may not be Oscar worthy, but it's a kids movie. It is what it is, and you'll be hard pressed to find a kid that didn't like it. It works for what it is.

People tend to detest things that are shoved down their throats - can't say I blame them.

#65 it's possible for someone to dislike a movie because it's just not a great movie. Animation was great, yes. But that's about it. They lost me at the story line right from the start. And just because it was a kids movie, doesn't mean that it's okay for it to suck. I love plenty of kids movies (that I didn't grow up with, mind you) because they were genuinely good, not because they "were good for a kids movie"

LostInTheZone11 29

And that's the idea. A film for kids also needs to also add a bit of appeal to adults to keep them interested as they also watch. Frozen also broke a cardinal kid movie rule. A major male lead to keep the male side interested. Kristoff and Sven were funny but they were shoved on the backburner pretty hard. Tangled was better by having Flynn/Eugene keep the boys and some fandom girls interested. And Repunzel mainly for the interest of the girls. And it kept a good balance of all around interest for the entire length of the film. Frozen was borderlining watching an animated chick flick. I will back that How to Train Your Dragon 2 blew Frozen out of the water. It had amazing animation. Excellent balance of characters. Hiccup mainly for the boys. Astrid and Valka mainly for the girls. Toothless and the other dragons+riders for both sides. And everyone had universal appeal. The Plot was great. The climax was great. The twist hit a perfect emotion bullseye. Everything was just wondrous.

#89 - Wow, I wasn't even aware half of these movies existed. I still considered "Wall-E" a recent kid's movie up until I saw your comment.

dukez81 17

When you saw the shirt, you should've just "Let It Go"

Maybe it was so good it brought her to tears

91hayek 31

What song did you sing? Du Hast?

CheesyPotatoe5 8
91hayek 31

Elsa goes metal, Elsa goes punk, Elsa goes mental when the bass line is funk.

You are a good person but a bad singer