By akieferr - 03/09/2014 02:41 - United States

Today, while undergoing the cumbersome task of screwing the tiny silver ball onto my lip piercing, I clumsily dropped it onto the counter and watched it bounce into the trash can, where it nestled snugly into a used maxi pad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 794
You deserved it 14 754

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LouisvilleLuke 10

Oh gosh. I guess you could try either wrapping them in toilet paper or getting a lid for your trashcan.

Comments

As gross as it is as long as you can find it you can always super-clean it with rubbing alcohol or solution, or just get a new backing all together. Gross, but not the end of the world.

gjikvtj 18

You need to stop being a pussy about Booker having guns.

Ickk I always roll those up and put them in the plastic packaging they come in so other people don't have to deal with them.

I thought it was the smartest, and most hygienic thing to do. Especially if there is no lid for the bin, why is the used pad left there in all it's glory open for all to see? Yuck! Definitely get a new ball, no matter how long it's disinfected for and how sterilised it is, there is no way I could put that ball back on knowing where it's been...

PoisonOrchid 21

That was my thought too. You always wrap the pad/tampon up before you drop it in the trash. Its unhygienic and just plain rude not to.

I always wrap mine, but sometimes they come undone a few hours later. It's very embarrassing.

I know those feels. same problem, all the time. >_

You guys should try a moon cup. It goes in like a tampon and then opens up and catches everything. You only have to empty it twice a day and there's no waste because you can clean it and reuse it.

I use tampons. Which I flush. I would Never run into this problem. if it's your own though, it shouldn't be too bad?

You don't flush tampons. They will eventually break your toilet and you'll need to call a plumber, Then you get the fun (and expensive) task of watching the (potentially male) plumber pull out all your old used tampons out of the clogged pipe.

Then use more toilet paper. Problem solved.

imagineapc 11

You never flush tampons...you have a huge septic repair coming your way - give it enough time and you'll have shit backing up in your yard. Disgusting.

tony1891 22

man up. grab that silver ball and disinfect it in alcohol before using it again.

gives a new meaning to the term "bloody lip"

My favorite nose ring fell down the drain, never to be returned.

Depending where you were it could have been easily accessible

OZ300 5

The use of imagery here is phenomenal, I can picture every detail...

How can people stand lip piercings. Wouldn't they be annoying?

They are a little annoying at first but after a while you barely notice them anymore. I've had mine for over 2 1/2 years and it feels weird when I DON'T have it in.

I had mine done for a while... It was never annoying for me, but others complained because I kept playing with it and it annoyed them lol

PoisonOrchid 21

I don't have one, but I've dated several people with lip piercings. They aren't annoying at all. If anything, I always found them fun to play with and the dude always seemed to enjoy it as well.

I don't know about lip piercings but I have a tongue piercing and I forget its there most of the time.

I dont preferably like lip rings. what if you were kissing someone and their lip got caught on it? I dont necessarily know if that is actually possible though cuz I dont have one nor have I kissed someone that does xD I do prefer tongue piercings though. those are sexy to me.

if it was your pad OP, soak the ball in some boiling salt water and it shoud be okay (alternatively take it to your local reputable piercer to be autoclaved) if it was not your pad just throw it out as that's high level cross contamination and coud introduce you to a slew of infections and bacteria (Aids included if the blood is contaminated) for all of you other people that frequently loose balls/backings I highly suggest you research the difference between externally threaded jewelry and implant grade internally threaded jewelry (which can be done on the 'Association Of Professional Piercers' website)