By seriously? - 22/12/2012 22:19 - United States - Spring

Today, while talking to my boyfriend, he got upset and accused me of making up words to make him feel stupid. All because I used the word "vapid." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 532
You deserved it 7 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I don't think anyone uses a real dictionary anymore. #73 I'm sure it's either google or dictionary.com maybe urbandictionary.com I don't think anyone uses an actual dictionary that much any more.

Giluh 19

Well shoot. I just learned a new word... The more you know!

Never heard of the word vapid. And to his defense OP, if you guys have been together a long time, you should know how strong his vocabulary is and a heated argument is no place for a vocabulary lesson. besides, even if he should know what vapid means, and you're right and show him how illegitimate his vocabulary is, in relationships it's important to remember that winning fights doesn't get you anywhere, it just hurts the other person. I learned that the hard way

So, she should dumb herself down for her boyfriend? She said she was talking to her boyfriend, she did not say arguing. He is the one who got mad at her for using a word he did not know. He should have been rational about it and just asked what it meant, not get overly upset because she used a "big word".

Okay first of all she shouldn't have to be "dumbing herself down" for her boyfriend. If intelligence is something one values, then choose an intelligent person to be with. Also, I'm sorry but I just have a hard time believing that they were just talking and all of a sudden boom she says one word he doesn't know and he gets mad at her for making up words. It's much more likely they had already been arguing and thus he was easily angered something as insignificant as a word he's never understood. I don't know anyone Who gets mad and feels stupid when someone says a word they don't know.

I use one every day. Can't afford a computer so I don't have Internet access at home. Just use my iPhone for everything.

Epikouros 31

You're an antediluvian wiseacre, Original Poseur.

butterflyz1961 2
DisappearingRose 18

Well, time to get rid of him!

Thats a combination of very and rapid, right? RIGHT?!?