By seriously? - 22/12/2012 22:19 - United States - Spring

Today, while talking to my boyfriend, he got upset and accused me of making up words to make him feel stupid. All because I used the word "vapid." FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 532
You deserved it 7 573

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Alastrina_fml 20

Vapid - adj. Dull or flat, lacking substance. It's a fairly good word to describe most ignorant people and popular culture today. Thankfully ignorance can be cured.

Time to look for a new boyfriend. One with a higher IQ then his shoe size.

TcheQ 12

Choose your boyfriends more wisely next time OP. If rudimentary intelligence is important to you, that is.

It means it dull if you want a simple definition

yourmofo 6

I knew what it meant but who even uses vapid in a sentence? Unless you're Amish or something. A guy that used to work with me said "rarely used terms" and pronunciate words just to piss customers off.

I'd be more cross about the fake Transylvanian accent!

chrisp87 11

You really know how to choose them. The internet has plenty of information I'm not sure why he couldn't have looked it up.

fdeg4161 13

I had something similar happen. I was casually dating this guy and I used the word "touché". He looked at me weird and said, rather incredulously, "Why are you calling me touchy?" He was really hot, but damn, that leaked some serious stupid.

ellytoad 13

Did you pronounce it correctly? (too-shay)

Well here is another FML where I'm kinda with the OP yet still sympathetic to her bf. I had a friend who was married and her husband was much more intelligent than she was. So during arguments he would intentionally use words she wouldn't understand to put her down. Needless to say that marriage didn't last to long.

Ahh. That special feeling of having conversations in crayon with people.