By kyla - 24/04/2011 05:56 - United States

Today, while shopping at American Eagle, I found the same "$1,500" wedding ring my fiancé proposed to me with, marked on sale for $10.95. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 071
You deserved it 9 600

Same thing different taste

Comments

RosiePatosie 0

Maybe it's on sale now? O_o

It's not about the price of the ring (at least it wouldn't be if it were me posting this), but the fact that he lied to her about it. If he'd told her the truth and she freaked out about it, that would make her materialistic. But the real FML here is that the guy isn't honest in their relationship.

hpdc 0

You really don't know that it's about the lie and not the price. OP doesn't specify what it's about.

rein 8

yes, finally someone with enough intellect to understand the real meaning of the FML

I agree with you! She wouldn't have mentioned the original price (that he told her) if she wasn't making a point about how big of a lie it was. If all she cared about was the real price she would have said "he got me a $10 ring". Think about it for a few seconds before you all get overly flustered and type-happy.

hpdc 0

um.... she _is_ saying "he got me a $10 ring" and she's also saying that she thought it was a $1500 ring and fhl... because it isn't... it's cheap... her future husband is cheap and a liar.

Lol gotta love how the price tag makes the ring better somehow. Totally stupid unless you knew it was cheap off the bat. Get over yourself

Gotta life how the price tag totally made you rethink its "beauty". Totally stupid impresses you knew it was cheap off the bat.

Confront him, OP. If he lied about something like this, it doesn't bode well for your marriage.

hpdc 0

You mean you couldn't tell it was a fake?

darseidia 0

i guess he's still going through recession. Be happy be healthy(Honey nut cheerios)

carcinogan 0

so? you loved a ten dollar ring when you though it cost 1,500 dollars. so what you are saying is materialistic. economical issues woman, deal with the hard times, be glad it wasn't a 25 cent gumball machine ring

That was my first engagement ring... And he borrowed the quarter from me. We did get a nicer one later though.

carcinogan 0

I think that's funny but hey he did have a idea lol

well at least it's not a plastic ring and I'm sure you it's still just as pretty as when it was "$1,500"